L3301 50 hour filters change

hwkmn05

Equipment
2021 Kubota L3301 HST
Feb 4, 2022
Vt
Pretty straight forward with oil and HST filter turning off easily, but be prepared for a battle with Transmission filter removal. Ive seen several vids of everything from cutting the gasket to spraying nut busters before turning. Parking on a side hill or jacking up will save your fluid. I lost about a quart. Have the filters ready to install quickly. I used the largest pipe wrench I own, 36 in. If youre not committed to completing, use a rag on the filter so you dont break thru. However, with one or two good tug on the very end, it broke free and I used the filter tool for the remainder. Good for a few hundred hours now.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Air hammer with chisel tip to "grab" the notched filter base. Easy. I've used the pipe wrench before and actually turned the filter off of it's base-they're screwed together, and then you get to really see what's inside the filter element. And remove the base. Again, chisel tip on an air hammer, zips it right off. Just be careful with it, in other words don't be stupid.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

hwkmn05

Equipment
2021 Kubota L3301 HST
Feb 4, 2022
Vt
Air hammer with chisel tip to "grab" the notched filter base. Easy. I've used the pipe wrench before and actually turned the filter off of it's base-they're screwed together, and then you get to really see what's inside the filter element. And remove the base. Again, chisel tip on an air hammer, zips it right off. Just be careful with it, in other words don't be stupid.
Im sure that would work, tho not everyone has an air hammer handy. With a pipe wrench it is a quick tug to loosen, not a constant pull which could cause more damage. For myself, its possibly the last time dealing with factory installed filters.