3 rd. function valve for a 2018 BX23S

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Thinking about buying a grapple for my BX and want to install the 3 rd. function valve first. Which one makes the most sense for what I am trying to do ?? Future want list is hydraulic top link, I have read a little about 3 spool valves. Are these two different projects or can they be combined ??

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thinking about buying a grapple for my BX and want to install the 3 rd. function valve first. Which one makes the most sense for what I am trying to do ?? Future want list is hydraulic top link, I have read a little about 3 spool valves. Are these two different projects or can they be combined ??
Most people want an electric valve with switch on the loader joystick for the third function so I would say its two separate projects.

Does not have to be that way - you can use a lever operated valve for third function but it limits your ability to simultaneously control all three loader functions with one hand. I put a manual single spool valve on my LA525 for a quick and dirty 3rd function and it works OK but I do intend to replace it with an electric valve some time in the not too distant future.

Adding a manual valve (as many spools as you want) is easy enough. Pick a place to mount it and plumb it into the loader hydraulics with three hoses.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you buy/install the 'dual rear remote' kit, you'll get BOTH fulltime front grapple and top link when you fill that empty slot on the right fender......

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
If you buy/install the 'dual rear remote' kit, you'll get BOTH fulltime front grapple and top link when you fill that empty slot on the right fender......
Thank you for commenting on my post. I tried to look up "dual rear remote kit" and came up dry. I do have that empty slot on the right rear fender, that would be perfect. Do you have a company name and/or part number ?? Is this something similar to W R Long and then adding a spool ?? Thanks again.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you for commenting on my post. I tried to look up "dual rear remote kit" and came up dry. I do have that empty slot on the right rear fender, that would be perfect. Do you have a company name and/or part number ?? Is this something similar to W R Long and then adding a spool ?? Thanks again.
I believe the part number is BX7322 and it is not a third function valve nor is it made for a BX23 or machines equipped with backhoes.

Dan

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
i have it posted in a thread. i have mine set up with a set of hard lines going to my ROPS. i should probably update the thread as i have done some additional mods. The front lines now stay ON the loader, i made a new bracket for the fitting at the loader, so the picture with the lines that go up off the 3rd valve, there is now fittings there.