Grill Guard Saved the day

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Monroe Tufline Disc, Woods Bush Hog, 60" Grapple
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
A few days ago I was using the Grapple to put some brush on the burn pile. Stupid mistake occurred ....... I placed the load on top, turned to check what was behind me ...... Annndd Forward I went! I need one of those Helicopter Helmets that points things where you are looking! lol Anyway after a little persuasion from a sledge hammer and a block of wood, it's back on doing it's duty. It does have a lil more character now!

Thank YOU 511 Designs!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A few days ago I was using the Grapple to put some brush on the burn pile. Stupid mistake occurred ....... I placed the load on top, turned to check what was behind me ...... Annndd Forward I went! I need one of those Helicopter Helmets that points things where you are looking! lol Anyway after a little persuasion from a sledge hammer and a block of wood, it's back on doing it's duty. It does have a lil more character now!

Thank YOU 511 Designs!!!!
The one on my L3901 looks like it survived the demolition derby. I have given up straightening it.

Dan

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Complaining about a bent grill guard is like complaining about insurance after a hail storm! That's why you have it. If it wasn't there and a stick went through that fine mesh behind it, what would be the cost?

Your post does make it clearer to us to be more aware of situations though. Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
It certainly did the job. I think I welded expanded metal over mine the first week I used the grapple. I had sticks getting to close to the grill. My friend just bought a new Kubota tractor with grapple and I told him to put a guard on, or I could weld one on for him. He didn't seem to care. I'm getting to old to ask much more than twice. He'll find out the hard way. I'm glad you didn't.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Complaining about a bent grill guard is like complaining about insurance after a hail storm! That's why you have it. If it wasn't there and a stick went through that fine mesh behind it, what would be the cost?

Your post does make it clearer to us to be more aware of situations though. Thanks.
I don't think the OP was complaining. He was expressing appreciation for having the grill guard, at least that is the way I took the post.

Reactions: 5 users

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Monroe Tufline Disc, Woods Bush Hog, 60" Grapple
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
I don't think the OP was complaining. He was expressing appreciation for having the grill guard, at least that is the way I took the post.
Exactly! NO Complaints here, just a big sigh of relief I had actually put it on, and a Great Big Thank You to 511 Designs!