Driver of Boat Trailering Nightmare Pleads Guilty

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That darn Constitution and Bill of Rights again.
Amendments 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
The 4th does not apply as there was no unreasonable search or seizures
The 5th has not been addressed as he admitted to the infractions
The 6th does not apply as a speedy trial has not taken place as an ongoing investigation is being pursued, there for with no trial date set it does not apply
The 7th does not apply as no trial date has been set so there for no jury has been selected nor could they be
The 8th does not apply s there has been no mention of bail set forth,, is he a flight risk, can he set bail ect
Nice try better luck next time

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Obviously, you don't know your history very well. Nixon went to China to get them to open their borders to US-made goods, not to have them make goods for us. It was later on that they took the initiative to produce cheap goods for sale to the US and the rest of the world. We wouldn't have the problems today that we have with China if it weren't for our politicians taking money for reelection from foreign governments and companies. We would have problems with the Asian Long Horn Beetle today if our government didn't remove the requirement that all goods coming from China had to be fumigated before being placed into containers. Most of the problems that US citizen faces today are created by politicians that line their collective pockets with $$$ to turn a blind eye to what shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Politicians are constantly reinventing history, to the point that the State of Illinois has declared that Abe Lincoln (R) was actually a Democrat! https://www.foxnews.com/politics/college-plaque-in-land-of-lincoln-labels-abe-a-democrat, and then they try to pass it off as something other than what they put onto the plaque........ https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/1...ocrat-label-on-Lincoln-plaque/95301384284357/
Your quoting of Faux News explains your perversion of historical fact. The deal Nixon offered was that the U.S. would be a customer of Chinese goods if China would buy Boeings, McDonnell Douglas, and IBM products…which would be Assembled…and later produced in China…. (which is now the fact.)

If you read your own references you’d recognize that the plaque did not represent Lincoln as a “Democrat” in the Political-Party sense….. but in the sense he was a person of Democratic Ideals.

The suggestion that the Democratic Party was claiming him falsely Just another way of perverting the truth one particular party seems to favor these days.

(But is is completely true that both parties have completely switched political positions since the Civil War…. the Conservative Dems of the Old South slave-owners later became the “DixieCrats” and still later morphed into the conservative, racist, Republican Party which favors big business/corporations…. While the more moderate Republican Party of that era which better represented the common man and recognized slavery was wrong, that the Union should be preserved, and that rebellion and insurrection of the republic should be identified and prosecuted has become the present-day Democrats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Your quoting of Faux News explains your perversion of historical fact. The deal Nixon offered was that the U.S. would be a customer of Chinese goods if China would buy Boeings, McDonnell Douglas, and IBM products…which would be Assembled…and later produced in China…. (which is now the fact.)

If you read your own references you’d recognize that the plaque did not represent Lincoln as a “Democrat” in the Political-Party sense….. but in the sense he was a person of Democratic Ideals.

The suggestion that the Democratic Party was claiming him falsely Just another way of perverting the truth one particular party seems to favor these days.

(But is is completely true that both parties have completely switched political positions since the Civil War…. the Conservative Dems of the Old South slave-owners later became the “DixieCrats” and still later morphed into the conservative, racist, Republican Party which favors big business/corporations…. While the more moderate Republican Party of that era which better represented the common man and recognized slavery was wrong, that the Union should be preserved, and that rebellion and insurrection of the republic should be identified and prosecuted has become the present-day Democrats.
Are you suggesting it's one (only one) particular party perverting the truth?

Last edited:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
The 4th does not apply as there was no unreasonable search or seizures
The 5th has not been addressed as he admitted to the infractions
The 6th does not apply as a speedy trial has not taken place as an ongoing investigation is being pursued, there for with no trial date set it does not apply
The 7th does not apply as no trial date has been set so there for no jury has been selected nor could they be
The 8th does not apply s there has been no mention of bail set forth,, is he a flight risk, can he set bail ect
Nice try better luck next time
The original statement was that if you commit a crime you should lose ALL your rights. It was a general response to that statement.
In this case I agree he is as guilty as hell but he still maintains his rights.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: 'rights'...
never understood why someone convicted of a crime(maybe just 'felonies' in the USA,usually has a parole condition of NOT being able to drink .

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
re: 'rights'...
never understood why someone convicted of a crime(maybe just 'felonies' in the USA,usually has a parole condition of NOT being able to drink .
i saw that in real life a few years ago….and was equally puzzled.

I worked for a group of financial institutions (S&Ls) in the 1980’s and when Ol’ Lie North laundered CIA money (Arms-for-Hostages) thru one of the branches, the cover-up required the parent S&L be taken-over by FSLIC. (Federal Savings & Loan Insurance Corporation…This only became known after the public lost interest and the book which unveiled it was quickly taken off the market.)
But the point being that one of the commercial lending officers was not a trained and educated financial guru…. he was an Army Veteran having served as a Medic in Viet Nam…and became commercial lending officer thru his own hard work and initiative. He had actual lending experts “loan officers” who worked under him who did the real work. Those guys would go out in the field to acquire borrowers, sometimes thru “loan brokers” who would bring large construction contracts to the bank. These were often ”ADC” loans (acquisition, development, construction) in which the brokers received a commission for putting the lender/borrower together.
But… the banks’ loan officer would put the paperwork together, get an MAI Appraisal of the project-property (for collateral purposes)…and when the loan officer got all the necessary legals/appraisals documented…he would bring the package to Ruben (our former Army-medic) who would make certain all the legally-required boxes had been checked…and pass the pkg on to “loan committee”… (a group of finance-qualified higher execs appointed by the CEO and board-of-directors)…to “Approve” or “Reject” the loan.
The admittedly eccentric CEO became the “target” of the FSLIC take-over of the bank and was necessary in order to facilitate the assignment of all “assets” (code for the records of the laundered money project)… to a more politically-favorable S&L who had supported the Reagan campaign. (The CEO of our S&L had supported Carters’ former v.p. Mondale in that election. This was supposedly the reason North laundered the money thru the CEO’s S&Ls… it was a political punishment.…because the Arms-for-Hostages money would need to be laundered… what would be better than to do it to the ruin of your political opponents’ supporters..??)
In order to get to the CEO, FSLIC had to prove a chain-of-command from the borrower of the laundry-project, thru the loan officer, thru our ex-Medic, thru the loan committee, to the CEO. The board of directors (to avoid prosecution) met with FSLIC in Dallas and agreed to the shut-down of the S&L and handing-over of its “assets” to the more politically-connected S&L… and all the inside-documents and knowledge of the Ol’Lie North laundry-money …disappeared.

BUT… our friend and ex-medic… for the crookedness of his underlings who had accepted laundry-money bribes to bring the loan thru the S&L and who rec’d deferred-adjudication for their testimoney…. our friend faced a prison sentence.
WHILE AWAITING sentencing… he was prohibited from consuming ANY ALCOHOL. It was SuperBowl weekend at my house…and Ruben drank non-alcoholic ”near-beer”…. and I was unaware of the court-ordered “no alcohol”… so I found it curious that he would not drink my beer but instead brought his own six-pack of “Sharps” near-beer.
I only found out later that it was a common court order for such subjects.

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Back to the original topic: I tow a lot (mostly Kubota equipment) and I owned a 2017 F-350 (dually) diesel pickup. It looks like the truck from the picture is also a dually. The gooseneck towing capacity of my truck was 31,400lbs with a payload of over 5,000lbs. Certainly a very capable truck. However, this boat was being towed conventionally, it appears, with in fact lowers the tow rating to 21,000lbs as the article suggests. The 2017+ F-350 trucks use a 3" receiver hitch, which is bigger than anyone else and very rugged. The first question is whether or not the exhaust brake was being used. That would reduce the need for normal brakes greatly. However, if there were no working brakes on the trailer with that much weight and that much grade, the recipe for disaster is in place.
Being honest, I've towed over the max towing limit of my truck before (not the F-350 dually I mentioned), and occasionally a little over the max capacity of my gooseneck trailer. However, we are talking 2-3k lbs, not the amount this guy was at. I would never tow on public roads, even flat roads, with no functioning trailer brakes. I always do brake checks and light checks before getting on the road. My loads are always properly chained and strapped. I check tire pressures and make sure the tow vehicle is also up to snuff. With these heavy loads, it should always enter the back of your mind about what might happen in the event of an accident.

I'm sure this guy didn't intend to kill or hurt anyone, but he was so off in almost every area that he deserves jail time. Its not an accident when it costs other people their lives due to willful negligence.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I'm sure this guy didn't intend to kill or hurt anyone, but he was so off in almost every area that he deserves jail time. Its not an accident when it costs other people their lives due to willful negligence.
^^^^^
Exactly the cause. No way this was just simple 'ignorance'. No one is that stupid.

Gee.......I wonder if I might be bit overloaded here............?

Meh......I'll be OK....just need to strap it down good.

Overloaded.jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
re: AND it’s cheaper to keep them in prison that it is to execute them because of all the safeguards intended to prevent wrong executions…. the safeguards that don’t work.

I was waiting for the sentencing to be handed down for the guy who INTENTIONALLY MURDERED 10, maimed 18-19 others in Toronto. Used a rented van.
He got 'life' though can be out in 25 years(parole). There was/is NO question this guy did this, NONE, there's even video of it. Sadly Canada doesn't have 'capital punishment'..this guy is the 'poster child' of why we need it back on the books and used.
Look out!
When this guy gets out ( in 25 years or less ) drama teacher Justin will have made certain that you cannot protect yourself from him with a handgun.

• Dislike

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Even so it's hard to guess a boats weight. And if it was a town thats used to seeing large boats transported it may have looked like it was a normal thing. I'm not sticking up for the guy one bit.
Your average person doesn't understand GVW, GCVW. They also won't question someone pulling into a boat launch with a dually to haul out a boat.

And probably most of all, the majority of us don't have a clue how much any given boat weighs.

So they aren't gonna question someone pulling in and hauling off a large boat.

The trailer it self isn't too big for the truck. There are plenty of farmers with long goose neck trailers that they pull around with a dually hauling round bails and there farm equipment.

The biggest thing is, as the driver your responsible to know what your hauling, making sure your under towing capacity for the vehicle and your license. As well as making sure it's in good working condition with everything working properly.

I've seen plenty of RV's getting towed down the road, where I questioned whether they were under the vehicles tow rating.

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Heck if it were up to me, they'd spend a couple hours a day on a treadmill to generate power to run the lights. Nothing like exercise to decrease aggression.
Yup, throw them in the hampster ball 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Back to the original topic: I tow a lot (mostly Kubota equipment) and I owned a 2017 F-350 (dually) diesel pickup. It looks like the truck from the picture is also a dually. The gooseneck towing capacity of my truck was 31,400lbs with a payload of over 5,000lbs. Certainly a very capable truck. However, this boat was being towed conventionally, it appears, with in fact lowers the tow rating to 21,000lbs as the article suggests. The 2017+ F-350 trucks use a 3" receiver hitch, which is bigger than anyone else and very rugged. The first question is whether or not the exhaust brake was being used. That would reduce the need for normal brakes greatly. However, if there were no working brakes on the trailer with that much weight and that much grade, the recipe for disaster is in place.
Being honest, I've towed over the max towing limit of my truck before (not the F-350 dually I mentioned), and occasionally a little over the max capacity of my gooseneck trailer. However, we are talking 2-3k lbs, not the amount this guy was at. I would never tow on public roads, even flat roads, with no functioning trailer brakes. I always do brake checks and light checks before getting on the road. My loads are always properly chained and strapped. I check tire pressures and make sure the tow vehicle is also up to snuff. With these heavy loads, it should always enter the back of your mind about what might happen in the event of an accident.

I have a 2018 F550 diesel service truck. I run down the road on occasion getting close to the 26,000lb max on my drivers license.

Truck sits at around 16,000lbs. I've gone down some slopes in quarries pulling an 8,500 lb piece of equipment with working trailer brakes where I wondered if the brakes were gonna hold till I got to the bottom. That's with the automatic transmission locked in first and engine brake turned on.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'm still trying to figure out what this thread has to do with tractor operating and hasn't been moved???
Do you mean moved to the Off Topic forum or the Trash Can?

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Personally I have no problem with it being here or elsewhere...