B2650 pro will not engage…

Keatonbeach1

Equipment
B2650, Titan 4’ tiller, Land pride RCR 1548 mower
May 18, 2022
NE Florida
I have a B 2650 that I bought new seven years ago, now right at 850 hours. I went out yesterday to till in my garden, engaged the PTO and heard the fuel solenoid click to shut the engine down. I disconnected the tiller shaft from the PTO and it did the same thing. Everything else works. I disabled the safety switch on the seat when I first got it because sometimes I have to get off and on. I’ve checked everything I can think of, I need help from the gurus… thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What about the PTO safety switch?

If you rise up on a standard seat and have the PTO engaged..... it should cut off.

The seat switch and the pto switch work together I believe as a double whammy to make sure the operator is in the seat when PTO is going.

Keatonbeach1

Equipment
May 18, 2022
NE Florida
What about the PTO safety switch?

If you rise up on a standard seat and have the PTO engaged..... it should cut off.

The seat switch and the pto switch work together I believe as a double whammy to make sure the operator is in the seat when PTO is going.

Keatonbeach1

Equipment
May 18, 2022
NE Florida
Only the seat switch on mine and it has always worked the way it is. I wonder if there could be another switch. With the ignition on, not running, when I move the lever forward to engage the pto I can hear the solenoid shut off the fuel…

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a B 2650 that I bought new seven years ago, now right at 850 hours. I went out yesterday to till in my garden, engaged the PTO and heard the fuel solenoid click to shut the engine down. I disconnected the tiller shaft from the PTO and it did the same thing. Everything else works. I disabled the safety switch on the seat when I first got it because sometimes I have to get off and on. I’ve checked everything I can think of, I need help from the gurus… thanks
Are you sure the way you disabled the switch is still working? Perhaps the wires separated if you jumped the switch out.

Seems to be working as it should now. See the notes in the image below. (Image from the B2650 operator’s manual)

Not sure of what else goes into the OPC, or what the logic within the OPC might be though.
92A6250F-FA71-4D60-8578-66CC9616F50C.jpeg

Keatonbeach1

Equipment
May 18, 2022
NE Florida
Thanks for the answers, tractor runs as it should without me on the seat, HST works, just wont engage the PTO. I see there is a switch on top of the linkage that leads into the transmission. Not easy to get to but maybe that’s what the problem is.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for the answers, tractor runs as it should without me on the seat, HST works, just wont engage the PTO. I see there is a switch on top of the linkage that leads into the transmission. Not easy to get to but maybe that’s what the problem is.
The parking brake also needs to be engaged to operate the pto while off of the seat with our B2650 tractors. I know you've bypassed the seat switch somehow, so that shouldn't make a difference, but it might depend on exactly how you modded the seat switch?
I found out about the park brake interlock for the pto to work while off the seat when my ajustments to the brake pedal travel at maintenance time caused the associated park brake safety switch to not contact the brake mechanism anymore when park brake lever engaged and locked. It's behind the dash panel, and I adjusted the switch to work correctly again.

Keatonbeach1

Equipment
May 18, 2022
NE Florida
Thanks, I’ll check that out. I do my own maintenance and understand the workings of the tractor, all the safety protection is a story…