ISO G2160 HST Fan

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
So looking for the HST cooling fan for a G2160. Mine has a missing blade, and there seems to be some confusion as to what to buy. So if anyone is parting out a G2160 and has an intact HST cooling fan please let me know

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not much confusion really, you need 66091-13550 there is no other P/N for the fan you need
You read another thread on a BX, which does not take the same parts as a G.
You really would be better off buying new, as old plastic fans break all the time.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
What confused me from that thread. He originally reported his machine called for the same part number as mine and then found it was superseded by another one (the one he noted in the thread). I had ordered a new one from Kubota of Omaha last year and when I finally got around to installing it this year I see it is substantially different (though fits just fine) than my original. Also all the other fans are only like $7. WTH is so special about my part number that makes it close to 10X more $$$? That is really insane.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
What confused me from that thread. He originally reported his machine called for the same part number as mine and then found it was superseded by another one (the one he noted in the thread). I had ordered a new one from Kubota of Omaha last year and when I finally got around to installing it this year I see it is substantially different (though fits just fine) than my original. Also all the other fans are only like $7. WTH is so special about my part number that makes it close to 10X more $$$? That is really insane.
All I know is if you try to apply logic to Kubota's parts pricing, you'll go insane o_O. Some parts are extremely high, some are competitive, and occasionally you'll find one that seems cheap. Welcome to Kubotaville! Actually, they're not much different from other equipment manufacturers.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's probably because your model fan was a limited run and not many models use it.
I did check it several different ways, there is no newer / cheaper cross for that fan.

Reactions: 1 user

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
So FWIW I went to my local dealer. Service guy said if it was his machine he would use K2561-14230. Said it is so close (other than more blades) it would be what he'd install on his own machine rather than spend $70. So I simply ordered the one he recommended.