1997 B2400 hydraulic line info needed

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Does anyone have a diagram with p/n's detailing hydraulic pipes/lines for this tractor? I can't seem to find anything on the web. I have a hydraulic line that runs from the rear of the tractor (under the seat, next to where the rear hydraulic control connects on "passenger side") to the front. The fitting is like a ring, or eyelet and it has 2 brass washers on either side. This line is leaking badly on me and needs replacing. I just can't seem to find it or it's p/n.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
When looking for parts it is important you more completely describe your tractor. Does yours have a manual transmission of HSD. Is it 2WD or 4WD.

This parts illustration is for a HSD 4x4.
The larger of two lines connecting to the pump is the suction line.

The ring and brass washer connect the suction line to the suction screen or filter.
The ring style is referred to a banjo fitting.

forum B2400 suction 1.jpg

forum suction screen.jpg

When you confirm your tractor model and that I have marked the line you need, I will help you find the part numbers.

Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does anyone have a diagram with p/n's detailing hydraulic pipes/lines for this tractor? I can't seem to find anything on the web. I have a hydraulic line that runs from the rear of the tractor (under the seat, next to where the rear hydraulic control connects on "passenger side") to the front. The fitting is like a ring, or eyelet and it has 2 brass washers on either side. This line is leaking badly on me and needs replacing. I just can't seem to find it or it's p/n.
Is the line leaking or is it the fittings on the end? If the latter which is not uncommon you may only need the sealing washers and/or o-rings.

Dan

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
When looking for parts it is important you more completely describe your tractor. Does yours have a manual transmission of HSD. Is it 2WD or 4WD.

This parts illustration is for a HSD 4x4.
The larger of two lines connecting to the pump is the suction line.

The ring and brass washer connect the suction line to the suction screen or filter.
The ring style is referred to a banjo fitting.

View attachment 74006

View attachment 74007

When you confirm your tractor model and that I have marked the line you need, I will help you find the part numbers.

Dave

Thanks, it's a 4x4 hydrostatic transmission. It is part 100 in that diagram. P/N 6C040-39216.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have the line brazed, or hard soldered, heck of a lot cheaper than replacing it.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Copper. It seems the line itself is cracked. Hard to see but it seems to open up under pressure.
Don't plan on reusing those washers. Copper work- and age-hardens. New ones are dead soft to seal. When they get hard, they won't seal. If you absolutely have to reuse them, you can soften them by heating them red hot and then let them air cool.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Don't plan on reusing those washers. Copper work- and age-hardens. New ones are dead soft to seal. When they get hard, they won't seal. If you absolutely have to reuse them, you can soften them by heating them red hot and then let them air cool.
That's my plan. Have 4 new ones.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have brazed a bunch of them. For a time, they were showing up at the shop daily often multiple times a day, and apparently also at other dealers too because Kubota's supply went from >50 to zero in no time flat, then they couldn't get any, so I was brazing them up. To this day there are still some out there that haven't ever bought them back to have the updated pipe put on, and in a way I can't blame them. It's not a particularly fun job to have to do twice.

The originals would crack from vibration. The new ones are soldered (or welded?) differently and I've never seen a the pipe with the newest part number crack.

when removing and then replacing, make sure to keep in mind where the clamps were before removing them. Their placement is important in reducing vibration.