How high can a lx3310 lift a pallet onto and off of a shelf?

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
Hi, My title says it all. I am trying to figure out the highest I can build shelves in my shop for implement storage. I know the lift height at the pin is 84 inches, but is that 84 inches a functional number? Meaning, will I be able to lift a pallet off and on a shelft that is 84 inches tall?

Thanks a bunch for any responses!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hi, My title says it all. I am trying to figure out the highest I can build shelves in my shop for implement storage. I know the lift height at the pin is 84 inches, but is that 84 inches a functional number? Meaning, will I be able to lift a pallet off and on a shelft that is 84 inches tall?

Do you have the tractor? IF so, you could make a measurement.

If not, I understand your question, but cannot offer an answer...

I guess it is safe to assume you do not have the tractor yet...but you do need to account for whatever forks you are using and how they relate to the mechanical setup.

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
Do you have the tractor? IF so, you could make a measurement.

If not, I understand your question, but cannot offer an answer...

I guess it is safe to assume you do not have the tractor yet...but you do need to account for whatever forks you are using and how they relate to the mechanical setup.
Yes, you are correct to assume I don't have the tractor yet...still waiting for the delivery chain to correct itself I suppose. I am getting the 42 inch pallet forks with it. I am not sure I know what you mean by relating to the mechanical setup, other than possibly what height the forks can go while parallel to the floor. That is my question in fact.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Pallet skids are different heights. You need to allow for that. I wouldn’t try too hard to make the rack shelves as high as possible to allow for that.

I don’t have my pallet forks on due to snow, so I can’t measure with them on. I’m pretty sure the bottom of the bucket is almost the same as my pallet forks. So find a measurement for the bottom of the bucket, and I think you’ll have what you need.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine

If someone gives you a measurement make sure they have exactly the same tire/wheel combination as you do. The height difference from R1 Agg tires to R3 turf tire can be quite a bit.

Last edited:

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
I someone gives you a measurement make sure they have exactly the same tire/wheel combination as you do. The height difference from R1 Agg tires to R3 turf tire can be quite a bit.
Good point! I will have the oversized tires on mine. I will take that into consideration.👍

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Good point! I will have the oversized tires on mine. I will take that into consideration.👍
Two other things. The forks are lower than the pins. Otherwise the loader arms would hit the floor before the forks were low enough to enter a pallet. And different fork attachments may have different dimensions.

At max lift, there may not be clearance between the back of the forks and the tractor grill. As you lift the bucket, the arms swing in an arc and the bucket/forks move rearward. Clearance specs are out to the bucket edge, but with forks you lose the depth of the bucket. You probably won't lose much height, if any, but if you're going for absolute max height it's something to consider.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
go about it the other way, design from the ground up
decide height of a skid and tallest implement,say it's 36. Add 6 inches, which makes 42. That height is where the first set of beams goes. 2nd set of beam go at 42 x 2, 84". the top shelf is used for stuff YOU put there ,not the tractor. The '6' inches is the beam height, mine are 5 and you NEED 'wiggle' room.
I put implements on skids,even the floor level, makes it easy to get them .
also, be sure to bolt/screw/secure the racking to the wall ! otherwise just one heavy item up there, a sneeze ,a lever knock, and down it all comes.
it may help to draw it on 1/4 graph paper and paper cutouts of the implements. That way you can move them for the best locations. Think about how often used, those should be at ground level.

methos123

Nov 4, 2021
Arkansas
go about it the other way, design from the ground up
decide height of a skid and tallest implement,say it's 36. Add 6 inches, which makes 42. That height is where the first set of beams goes. 2nd set of beam go at 42 x 2, 84". the top shelf is used for stuff YOU put there ,not the tractor. The '6' inches is the beam height, mine are 5 and you NEED 'wiggle' room.
I put implements on skids,even the floor level, makes it easy to get them .
also, be sure to bolt/screw/secure the racking to the wall ! otherwise just one heavy item up there, a sneeze ,a lever knock, and down it all comes.
it may help to draw it on 1/4 graph paper and paper cutouts of the implements. That way you can move them for the best locations. Think about how often used, those should be at ground level.
Good ideas! I was planning on 40" height, and using the top shelf for implements as well. However, I don't necessarily NEED the 2nd shelf yet anyway. I was planning on using pallets on the floor as well for the same reason you stated...just makes sense. I am planning on using the floor level for the mowing deck, bucket/grapple (whichever one is not on the tractor), and tiller. The garage is being used for the bush hog since I can't fit my truck in there...😒 The 2nd level shelf in shop will be for the pallet forks, and box blade. Thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate them!