Value of used attachments when buying a used tractor?

Buildthewall

Dec 12, 2021
Ma
I’m looking at a used B2601 and it has the third function, grapple, pallet forks, box blade, stump bucket, mower deck. I’d use all of them apart from the box blade.

Is there a rule of thumb for assessing the value of those attachments used?
It appears to be priced $5k over others that do not have all those attachments. Trying to workout if that’s reasonable?

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Figure out what it will cost to buy them new and then make your decision. If they are in good working condition, then in all probability it is a good deal.

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
And....right now you may thing you won't use a box blade. If you had one setting in your implement row you'd find a use for it and then wonder why you hadn't used it sooner!

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
And....right now you may thing you won't use a box blade. If you had one setting in your implement row you'd find a use for it and then wonder why you hadn't used it sooner!
I agree with dusty Rusty and the CAT…if everything in good working condition, 5k isn’t much to spend on attachments. More importantly make sure machine is in good working order and correct size for your current and future use…if you have not had implements before, if they were used they will be missing some paint. Rattle can from TSC will fix that right up. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m looking at a used B2601 and it has the third function, grapple, pallet forks, box blade, stump bucket, mower deck. I’d use all of them apart from the box blade.

Is there a rule of thumb for assessing the value of those attachments used?
It appears to be priced $5k over others that do not have all those attachments. Trying to workout if that’s reasonable?

Thanks
Absent extenuating circumstances, used implements can usually be bought/sold for aroung 50% of new prices.

Reactions: 1 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
If those implements are in good working order then $5k sounds like a good deal to me. It is difficult to provide a rule of thumb on value because a lot depends on quality, condition and location. The '50%' suggested by SDT looks like a good starting point.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have a new box blade sitting in my barn!
It has been sitting there, unused, for the past 10 years!
I should have sold it long ago, but I have many other items that I should have sold long ago as well.

Last edited:
  • Wow

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Absent extenuating circumstances, used implements can usually be bought/sold for aroung 50% of new prices.
Good value estimate ... but only in some geographic areas.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I would think that the grapple and mower deck should cover the 5K. The rest of the items are gifts.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
This is only what I have seen a few people get. Not saying it's right or wrong, just what happened.
Loader 3rd function is a freebie, anything actually added to the tractor after the fact is simply thrown in. Implements go for half the cost of new. And I'm talking about name brand implements in basically new condition. (Paint looked like the implements were used once or twice or not at all.)

Good luck with the purchase.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Need manufacture and model #’s. If I was buying and they had an EA or LP grapple, I’d give a bit more money over a Titan/no name brand. Same goes for the rest, depends on brand.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a new box blade sitting in my barn!
It has been sitting there, unused, for the past 10 years!
I too have a box blade that I rarely use but when I do want to use it, I find it very handy. It's the cat's meow for some tasks.

Of course, I would find it less valuable if I owned a skid steer, which I do not.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
This is only what I have seen a few people get. Not saying it's right or wrong, just what happened.
Loader 3rd function is a freebie, anything actually added to the tractor after the fact is simply thrown in. Implements go for half the cost of new. And I'm talking about name brand implements in basically new condition. (Paint looked like the implements were used once or twice or not at all.)

Good luck with the purchase.
Agreed.

One nearly always comes ahead by removing removeable accessories, weights, valves, etc., and selling such items seperately when selling optioned tractors.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I looked at used B2601s and 2650s for a year before I bought a new one . All I will say is that the market for used Kubota tractors is robust. Offer a little less for the whole shebang. Maybe 10%. Odds are someone will buy the thing sooner than you can imagine. Thats been my experience. Keep in mind also the benefit of not having to pay state sales tax if purchasing from an individual. Good luck.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
See, if you're not going to use it you should have bought a used one! ;)
Considering the rarity of any used cat one attachments locally, I would have likely never found a used one.
In my case, that might have been a good thing though!
At the time I bought the BB , I did have a pending use for it.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Considering the rarity of any used cat one attachments locally, I would have likely never found a used one.
In my case, that might have been a good thing though!
At the time I bought the BB though, I had a pending use for it.
I was kind of kidding you. I have implements that I seldom use, and a couple I've loaned out more then I've used. It's kind of like women and shoes or purses or .......

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, 5 implements for 5K..... 1K each......
mower deck for a BX23S was $2500 3 years ago. Bet they ALL cost more now.
I'd buy the 'package', if you don't use 'something' in a year, resell them.
Then ,of course, 4 days later......you'll NEED that implement !

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
hmm, 5 implements for 5K..... 1K each......
mower deck for a BX23S was $2500 3 years ago. Bet they ALL cost more now.
I'd buy the 'package', if you don't use 'something' in a year, resell them.
Then ,of course, 4 days later......you'll NEED that implement !
"Then of course, 4 days later....you'll NEED that implement"

SO TRUE !!!!
Kinda like throwing something away too.