Need Advice

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
I have came to a time where my L3301 is not up for the task. I have had it for 6 years now and it has always done all I have ask of it. I have recently acquired 175 acres and the small tractor just is not large enough to keep up. Currently the land has 2 Deere tractors one 50hp range and the other is around the 90 hp. Both are getting older and require being worked on before use.

I have around 90 acres to be cut for hey and around 45 acres to be clipped. I am looking at a new M7060 for cutting, raking and rolling hey along with clipping. Looking to get a cab tractor as my wife is not always happy when we clip all day on an open station tractor and it will help with the dust in the hey.

Anyone have any thoughts on the M7060? I want to be able to get started up without any unknown issue I seem to always face on the older tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
You may have already checked them out but there are a few reviews available on YouTube. Looks like a fabulous machine . Good luck.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Anyone have any thoughts on the M7060? I want to be able to get started up without any unknown issue I seem to always face on the older tractors.
A friend with 40 acres has a 7-year old M7060 (bought new) and he has nothing but good things to say about it. It's been a workhorse of a tractor for him and it's managed to survive all the abuse he's subjected it to. He just sold his place up here and decided to include the tractor in the sale but only because he's going to be living in a rented apartment until prices up here drop again, which could be a while. He sold his place for $1.3M and has probably made a lot of money on it and no doubt is going to buy another Kubota once he's settled.

I was thinking about an M7060 but came to the conclusion that it's too much tractor for my needs. When I was trying to figure out what I should get I looked at the M4 which has a nicer and more modern cab compared to the M7060. You can't go wrong with the M7060 if it has enough HP for your needs, and the 12-speed is the one to get according to the manager of the local dealership, but I would suggest looking at the M4 too.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I have a coworker who bought a M7060 last year. He is also a tractor collector and rebuilds old tractors. He has nothing but praise for it, and he is a tough critic. He has a cab on it too.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
A friend with 40 acres has a 7-year old M7060 (bought new) and he has nothing but good things to say about it. It's been a workhorse of a tractor for him and it's managed to survive all the abuse he's subjected it to. He just sold his place up here and decided to include the tractor in the sale but only because he's going to be living in a rented apartment until prices up here drop again, which could be a while. He sold his place for $1.3M and has probably made a lot of money on it and no doubt is going to buy another Kubota once he's settled.

I was thinking about an M7060 but came to the conclusion that it's too much tractor for my needs. When I was trying to figure out what I should get I looked at the M4 which has a nicer and more modern cab compared to the M7060. You can't go wrong with the M7060 if it has enough HP for your needs, and the 12-speed is the one to get according to the manager of the local dealership, but I would suggest looking at the M4 too.

I have also looked into the M4. Im going to get quotes on both units. I kinda like the M4 due to the instructor seat. I have a 13 year old who is going to have a lot of work to do and the instructor seat will allow me to ride with him until he is ready to roll on his own.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have also looked into the M4. Im going to get quotes on both units. I kinda like the M4 due to the instructor seat. I have a 13 year old who is going to have a lot of work to do and the instructor seat will allow me to ride with him until he is ready to roll on his own.
Not to mention the pleasure of enjoying father/son time that diminishes as they age. Love or whatever you want to call it is under appreciated until its gone. Get the tractor with the instructor seat if for no other reason than that. And only if it is financially smart. Good luck. If your son hates it you can put your dog in that seat.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Put your winter gear and boots on and go drive some. I’m fact drive them backward around the lot and see how comfy they are twisting around looking over should with heavy clothes on. Check the foot pedals for your boots. Generally bigger tractor will have a little more room in operator seat…not a rule, but in general. Finally think about all you task for the foreseeable future and how much tractor you will need. I think if you buy a size bigger than you need you may be happier in long term.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
My son's 7060 has been a real nice tractor, I just did a 2000hr service on it and it's holding up real nice although 2k isn't a lot of hours on a machine like that. It might be worth while to fix up the JDs too if they're not too far gone they hold their value and usually hold up pretty well. What ever you decide good luck with your new place.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
My son's 7060 has been a real nice tractor, I just did a 2000hr service on it and it's holding up real nice although 2k isn't a lot of hours on a machine like that. It might be worth while to fix up the JDs too if they're not too far gone they hold their value and usually hold up pretty well. What ever you decide good luck with your new place.

I have decided to keep the Deere 5410. It has not seen the abuse the 2755 has. The 2755 I just cant see making an effort on it as I can get new for what it would cost to fix.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
Put your winter gear and boots on and go drive some. I’m fact drive them backward around the lot and see how comfy they are twisting around looking over should with heavy clothes on. Check the foot pedals for your boots. Generally bigger tractor will have a little more room in operator seat…not a rule, but in general. Finally think about all you task for the foreseeable future and how much tractor you will need. I think if you buy a size bigger than you need you may be happier in long term.

I live in Mississippi. It has been 75 degrees for 2 weeks. I could wear shorts lol. All of the dealers in my area have been closed since Christmas. I rode by 2 Deere and 1 Kubota dealer today and they have been closed all week. Hope to start moving forward on Monday.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I live in Mississippi. It has been 75 degrees for 2 weeks. I could wear shorts lol. All of the dealers in my area have been closed since Christmas. I rode by 2 Deere and 1 Kubota dealer today and they have been closed all week. Hope to start moving forward on Monday.
LOL, with a cab you just need a coat hook occasionally.
I've run an M7040 open station at a volunteer job, and the chief has an M7060 cab. The 7040 has hydraulic shuttle which is standard on the 7060. 12 speed would be nice. The controls seem convenient to me, but I'm used to cruder tractors.
The main concern to me is if the tractor's big enough for your implements.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
What size baler do you have or plan on using? M7060 isnt much tractor for a round baler….my advice if you expect to do serious round baling is more HP.

Other than baling…the M7060 is a great, great machine. We have one on 100 acres and it has been awesome. We just dont bale with it. We move bales, rake, ted, cut, mow, spray.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I have decided to keep the Deere 5410. It has not seen the abuse the 2755 has. The 2755 I just cant see making an effort on it as I can get new for what it would cost to fix.
Then that makes even more of case for a larger tractor. Look at M5 if you are baling large rounds.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
What size baler do you have or plan on using? M7060 isnt much tractor for a round baler….my advice if you expect to do serious round baling is more HP.

Other than baling…the M7060 is a great, great machine. We have one on 100 acres and it has been awesome. We just dont bale with it. We move bales, rake, ted, cut, mow, spray.
We have a Vermeer Rebel 5520. We have always pulled it with the with the 5410. My wife's father passed away and she got the property. I wish it was in my budget right now for a larger tractor. Maybe in the coming years I will be able to get a M5. I have ordered a M7060 waiting to take delivery now.