Shopping a L2501 tractor

ronny88

Equipment
L2501
Dec 25, 2021
SW Michigan
First post here, thank you for the forum - have used it many times.

I'm a long time Kubota user, but always purchased used.
First time going to a dealer ever, actually.

See attached photo for the pricing that I have received - thought some people who are looking around might find this helpful or could let me know if something is wrong.

I'm located in SW Michigan and this is what I would consider a small or mid sized dealer.
Thoughts?
78C42085-2FFE-48A8-94E4-15BAA0C6549C.jpeg

Last edited:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Glancing at your list I note they're charging for a pin on bucket as well as the quick attach bucket. You will only use one or the other. I went with the pin on option on my 2501L for two reasons. I envision no time at which I'll use another implement up there and it's a less expensive option than the QA system. If you opt for the QA system you'll have no need for the pin on bucket. They're mutually exclusive.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
They should be giving you the rebate on the finance side also, it is 1400 at this time, the pin on bucket is for the backhoe I believe.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am not a fan of the extended warranty. Seems like a lot of money relative to the items value. If you finance it with the Kubota insurance it may cover those items anyway. I am not certain. Look into it. The best gauge of pricing "fairness" is the Kubota build it website. My dealer loaded my rear tires for free. I think the quick attach bucket is a must. I feel resale will be a lot easier with it. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I believe the QA takes away from the lift capacity a little but with an L, I'd be happy with either. The pin was for the backhoe..

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I believe the QA takes away from the lift capacity a little but with an L, I'd be happy with either. The pin was for the backhoe..
It does but, I wouldn’t want a tractor without it, especially if buying new. The QA makes changing front loader attachments so much easier…buckets, pallet forks, etc.

I couldn’t imagine not having it.

Mike

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Welcome to posting and you already know what a great resource this group is!

A few caveats and then some things to look at on your costing break out
  • It's supply & demand w/ covid/supply chain but things seem to be freeing up a bit based on input here
  • My reference point is 9 months old (good or bad I don't know) I shopped hard a year ago; pulled the trigger in March and got late APR delivery (good at the time)
  • I shopped a 2-hour radius and ended up with one 30 min away in NJ that had a satellite mini dealership here in PA (i.e. local) Got about 5 quotes & even that was difficult.
  • The ease in which they handle the quote is also a clue to later on. No need to go local if the best deal delivered is much better but count that in.
  • There are lots of ways dealers choose to break out or divide up the costs based on the quotes I saw. What matters is where you end up % m/up in total before finance etc. to get true apples to apples
My final order spec's were almost exactly identical to yours but I added the Kubota mech thumb and LP0660 grapple in. I used K financing & KTAC but not extended warranty

Here are the big differences that I see: (rest are close enough for horseshoes or hand grenades)
  1. BH & Subframe total is +$600 higher (I am not changing buckets so P/on is fine for me(\)
  2. Loader +$400 (note you have the QA spec'ed already)
  3. 3FXN +$450
The super feedback here gave me comfort in determining that I was getting a fair deal PLUS unit w/ implements were available w/o long lead time.

Edit - maybe consider the R14 tires - check out the threads. I love 'em

Hope this helps some :cool:

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
IF I remember right, the quote the OP got was for a cash sale.

Again, if I remember right, Kubota frequently offers zero percent financing on new tractors and implements bought at the same time.

I would use the Kubota build my tractor feature at their web site, to get an idea on cost. I also would figure if I financed it, at zero percent interest, and had to pay for the Kubota insurance, I would in the end break even (worst case) or be ahead.

Years ago I was forced into financing a E350 Ford passenger van by the zero percent financing for five years. I had the cash but it only made sense to let it work for me for five years, minus the monthly payment, rather than give it to them and gain nothing.

I too NEVER buy extended warranties. They are selling them so they can take some extra money out of your pocket, in my view. I wish I could count what I saved over the years just on saying no to extended warranties on consumer products that never failed.

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
First post here, thank you for the forum - have used it many times.

I'm a long time Kubota user, but always purchased used.
First time going to a dealer ever, actually.

See attached photo for the pricing that I have received - thought some people who are looking around might find this helpful or could let me know if something is wrong.

I'm located in SW Michigan and this is what I would consider a small or mid sized dealer.
Thoughts?
View attachment 72241
I received my L2501DT on Dec 19, 2021. These are my comparisons but I am in North Carolina. Tractor was $14,500 BH77 including subframe kit $8000 Frontloader with bucket $4700 Pallet forks $795 Load rear tires FREE 3rd function w/install $1000 Didn’t buy extended warranties Did include in purchase Kubota quick hitch, LandPride tiller, and grapple Financed with Kubota 0% 84 months with $1400 rebate Did not use Kubota insurance ($80 per month) Got a policy from my insurance guy with exact same coverage as Kubota ( $26 per month) Total Purchase $33k NC tax 6.75% Payment $422 month My dealer sent me videos of the day before thanksgiving Kubota delivered my crated tractor to his shop, his men putting it together, testing it with the grapple, my joy / excitement PRICELESS

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Glancing at your list I note they're charging for a pin on bucket as well as the quick attach bucket. You will only use one or the other. I went with the pin on option on my 2501L for two reasons. I envision no time at which I'll use another implement up there and it's a less expensive option than the QA system. If you opt for the QA system you'll have no need for the pin on bucket. They're mutually exclusive.
The pin on is for the backhoe.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I bought mine in May and it was delivered one week later. It was in a crate on the lot. It took a few days for the 3rd function and remotes to come in. No BH or extended warranties. KTAC is going to add another $3500-4000 to your total if you finance. My finance incentive was $1200 vs $1600 for cash. I did not buy any Kubota or Land pride implements so I did not get any incentives there. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not - the other dealer about an hour away could not come close to it - they didn't even try.
1641248103409.png

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I'm in Mid-Michigan and just bought an LX2610. I did not get a backhoe as I really don't have a need for one. And if I ever done need on in the future it would be cheaper to rent one or hire one.

I did get a 60" bucket on loader, The Kubota 3rd function kit as well as 2 rear remotes. I also got the large R4 tires.

That said King's gave me a very, Very, Very fair price. I paid cash and had the Equine discount. That said it did take 3 months for it to come in.

Can't say enough good things about Kings great folks. and not a single bolt I could find was not torqued.

Only complaint is the 2nd rear remote is a spring center one not the float detent one I ordered. But I will take care of that in the spring.

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
lots of good feedback here but OP hasn't checked back in...? :unsure:

ronny88

Equipment
L2501
Dec 25, 2021
SW Michigan
lots of good feedback here but OP hasn't checked back in...? :unsure:
I'm here!

Thanks for the replies.

I signed for the tractor 12/31 to take advantage of financing and pricing. My dealer has really dropped the ball on everything since - no communication and failed timeline. Simple purchase and everything was in stock all they had to do was install the third function, bucket rod, and correct tires. Can't be more than 5 hours of work?

No contact all last week, I called Friday and they stated that their "only" tech was tied up with "snow plows". Not happy, obviously everyone's business is important but it's a hard pill to swallow that my delivery is postponed due to snow plows. Ironically, I need it to move snow too.

I'll keep you posted.

bbxlr8

Equipment
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
That stinks when it's sitting there... Interesting that they went cold right after signing.

How did you do on price & dealer choice? Was it take it or leave it or were you able to get some other stuff in the deal? FWIW A couple of weeks is not too bad in the grand scheme of things and you will love it when you get it.