3 point hitch won't lower

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Lx2610 : Grapple. 60" QA. 63" Snowblower. Forks.
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
I could be waaaay off base, but I seem to vaguely recall my sales guy telling me to adjust that knob only when my 3-point was in the fully UP position. (I could also lock the 3pt up as well, if I wanted to)
That was months ago, so, I could be way off base.

Also, it's a BX not an LX I am referring to.

Couldn't hurt to try it....it's free to try !
Sounds like a better plan than me taking off the tire and spraying pb blaster in the valve.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I would only take my suggestion as a "if everything else has failed" as I only have ~10hrs experience with a BX (15yrs on a TG1860), but many years on cars and bikes.

ie: I don't even have enough time with real tractors to be dangerous !!!

Reactions: 1 users

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
I would only take my suggestion as a "if everything else has failed" as I only have ~10hrs experience with a BX (15yrs on a TG1860), but many years on cars and bikes.

ie: I don't even have enough time with real tractors to be dangerous !!!
Hahaha quite funny tho. You build car or work on em?

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
You got any other tips other than pb blast the sob? 😂
Ya, when you get it unstuck use it every time you use the machine... I do... It is odd yours got stuck on a cab model. It is the weathered open stations that are problematic. Heck you may have a bad control valve...

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hahaha quite funny tho. You build car or work on em?
I've always done some of my own car maintenance and minor repairs.
I also own a LBCC (Little British Classic car--Austin Mini)

The BX though is totally new territory for me.

I'd listen to the experienced guys before me (just being honest)
I know when to stop giving advice. (ie: I'd never tell you to take anything apart for example...cuz I'd have no idea if it was a spring loaded can of snakes or what)

Good luck. I am rooting for ya

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Ya, when you get it unstuck use it every time you use the machine... I do... It is odd yours got stuck on a cab model. It is the weathered open stations that are problematic. Heck you may have a bad control valve...
Well. That doesn't sound too hot to me..

Once unstuck I'll rotate the sob everytime for sure like clock work.

Last edited:

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
The dial is still stuck, with more PB blaster going in during lunch break.3pt hitch height still working great. No issues since fixed friday.
I appreciate the help everyone.

Thank you

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
The dial is still stuck, with more PB blaster going in during lunch break.3pt hitch height still working great. No issues since fixed friday.
I appreciate the help everyone.

Thank you
What was the fix?

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
What was the fix?
I adjusted both those back-end nuts lose on the one above the drawbar(that angles the implement) and the one on the right-hand side that keeps it from shaking back and forth (sorry don't know the terms off top of my head). Put as much downward pressure as I could and it seemed to just "pop" lower. So honestly I have no idea. But I ain't complaining. Check for leaks/ grinding, warped threads, and the operation is back to normal.

Goes fully up and down. I am a happy camper other than the stuck open/close valve.

Reactions: 1 users

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
I adjusted both those back-end nuts lose on the one above the drawbar(that angles the implement) and the one on the right-hand side that keeps it from shaking back and forth (sorry don't know the terms off top of my head). Put as much downward pressure as I could and it seemed to just "pop" lower. So honestly I have no idea. But I ain't complaining. Check for leaks/ grinding, warped threads, and the operation is back to normal.

Goes fully up and down. I am a happy camper other than the stuck open/close valve.

I took the seat off to get a better angle for spraying the pb blaster... Looks like it is sealed so guess I can't do much more. Dont want to take the retainer ring off. And go much further.

Time to call the dealer

Attachments

Last edited:

ThomasXZ

Equipment
Sep 6, 2021
Stillwater Minnesota
Mutual agreement with the dealer:

A) Even though I cant control the resistance it can hold implements, raise and lower as it should.
B) They will send someone out or get me a trailer in due time ( It isn't harming anything and since my tractor still functions properly I said as long as it gets fixed under warranty; it could be 6 months from now and I am fine with it)

Ordering a Work shop manual.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
$230 drop shipped from K 😖 . I dont think I could scan it, it is thousands of pages in a 5" binder