What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Smoothed out the community road again with the grader/scraper and changed my oil. Minor PITA, why do you have to remove a cover with bolts to easily access the filler hole with a typical funnel. ;)

I’m finding the road getting better and better as I smooth it out and the neighbors pack it down with the fines. I’m kind of wondering how many people are noticing that our “unmaintained” part of the road is better than the “maintained” by the county part of the road. :D I’ve even had UPS drivers and transient workers stop while I’m running the grader/scraper, and tell me how much better the road is now.

NOTE: much of the work was done earlier in the year by neighbors to put down the gravel before I had a tractor. I’m just the person who’s taking the good road and making it great using the grader/scraper. Highly recommend a grader/scraper for this type of work. It’s night and day difference for a few passes.

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed last time for the season. Got a 5’ TSC County Line back blade on way home from work.

Blade will definitely need a stand and shoes.

I know CL isn’t best quality, but just looking for some snow clean up around garage, etc.

Besides that, doesn’t seem to be many choices around. The TSC I bought pellets and britches from had zero blades. The one near work had two; a 6’ on layaway, and this one.

469CC603-99EF-4251-B01A-64C0D71A7B45.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Mowed last time for the season. Got a 5’ TSC County Line back blade on way home from work.

I know CL isn’t best quality, but just looking for some snow clean up around garage, etc.

Besides that, doesn’t seem to be many choices around. The TSC I bought pellets and britches from had zero blades. The one near work had two; a 6’ on layaway, and this one.

View attachment 68128
Let us know how this works. Been thinking about finding a rear blade to back up to garage doors instead of back blading with pusher. I’ll need a heavy one though.

Reactions: 1 user

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Cub Cadet lost a job its had for the past 15 years ....

I thought I would give the kubota 60" MMM a shot at mulching and blowing leaves of to the side of the yard into the woods. OMG the speed and power :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Let us know how this works. Been thinking about finding a rear blade to back up to garage doors instead of back blading with pusher. I’ll need a heavy one though.
Pokey - - will do.

After looking at it, I think a piece of rubber mat bolted in between the metal cutting edge and blade will do okay. The bolts are long enough. They may envision that type of thing.......

Kills me...I just threw something out that would have worked. :rolleyes: I seldom throw something out.

Probably turn it backwards.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
For those of you with the short pin problem. 10. Second fix. And under 2$ No paint needed lol
47516706-5B54-49AE-B1AA-29B3A899A0AB.jpeg
AEC8BD69-4D58-401E-BABA-A93AF6A52607.jpeg
5FA4AD9F-12A5-48DD-B6BF-5F8FA86DD7FC.jpeg
F64DEE9C-9F31-4E04-BF26-5DEDB77241D4.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Small job, replaced a valve stem core on a calcium loaded rear tire.
Noticed a slow drip recently, just had it loaded by the tire shop this summer.
$4 dollars for the core removal tool and 4 cores.
Saved me a 8 mile round trip drive to the tire shop.

Got a couple aftermarket skid shoes bolted on my new to me 60" 3 Pt snowblower and
mounting a couple rear view mirrors w/magnets today, ready for my first
rear mount snowblower winter , I hope.

Reactions: 1 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI

View attachment 68128
That totally looks photoshopped.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Project update.
this is what happens when you till straight woods and throw down seed :ROFLMAO:

recap, my neighbor had woods, tree company removed the trees. He wanted grass and wasnt real picky about it. For the heck of it, before he threw money at a contractor (first bid was $2500), I said lets just till it, rake it, seed and see what happens. All you have to lose is the cost of seed if it doesn't work.

There are a few bare spots, which I'm sure a little topsoil can clear up in the spring. There was nothing added to this, no topsoil, no fertilizer... just tilled the forest floor, raked flat, and seed. It's not the golf course ctfjr made, but I'm pretty surprised!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Those bare spots may just fill in by themselves later this year or next spring. I had tilled and reseeded my front yard (late summer/early fall). Raked in seed and it barely showed any growth....even over the next summer. Was too busy to till it up and reseed again. The second year (in the spring) all of a sudden...kaboom....the seed exploded into a nice lush green carpet only a few days before I was going to completely redo it again. Sure glad I waited! Procrastination does pay off sometimes.

egilchrest

Equipment
Kubota L3901
Sep 16, 2021
Oxford, CT USA
Just got my L3901 a few weeks ago (birthday present from my wife). Immediately went to work on all the projects I have.
Had ordered an MX8800 wood chipper that I received very quickly and put it to good use. I have been working on a walking path on my property over the past year or so for my wife and dog to take their morning walks. With the L3901 and chipper things are now progressing nicely.
IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

Oh, and made some side view mirror holders. We'll see how they work out.
It's all very exciting to have this great machine.

Reactions: 10 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Just got my L3901 a few weeks ago (birthday present from my wife). Immediately went to work on all the projects I have.
Had ordered an MX8800 wood chipper that I received very quickly and put it to good use. I have been working on a walking path on my property over the past year or so for my wife and dog to take their morning walks. With the L3901 and chipper things are now progressing nicely.
View attachment 68192

View attachment 68191

Oh, and made some side view mirror holders. We'll see how they work out.
It's all very exciting to have this great machine.
BEST. WIFE. EVER!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The ONLY blade to buy is the EA Deluxe Rear Scrape Blade.
I have had two others: one a Speeco, and one a King Kutter.
The EA blade is VASTLY superior!!!

• Dislike

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got some stuff to make a stand for the new back blade.

Probably not best deal, but just going to go through gusset. A 1/4" bolted floor flange and 1" nipple. Drill a 1" hole in the gusset. Slide a 1/2" pipe with floor flange through it. Put some holes for pins to hold "leg" up and down. Simple simple. All black iron.

We've been talking about steel prices....$35 worth of parts....swallowed hard on that one.

I really didn't have anything I could make work....trust me, I wracked my old noggin to find an alternative....

377A89CA-0236-45D0-B59B-22E1F99AE678.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Got some stuff to make a stand for the new back blade.

Probably not best deal, but just going to go through gusset. A 1/4" bolted floor flange and 1" nipple. Drill a 1" hole in the gusset. Slide a 1/2" pipe with floor flange through it. Put some holes for pins to hold "leg" up and down. Simple simple. All black iron.

We've been talking about steel prices....$35 worth of parts....swallowed hard on that one.

I really didn't have anything I could make work....trust me, I wracked my old noggin to find an alternative....

View attachment 68196

Here is Land Pride stand , doesn't take much to hold it up. :)
back blade stand.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Here is Land Pride stand , doesn't take much to hold it up. :)
View attachment 68199
Yep, something similar was plan A....

I was concerned with getting a decent weld on the sleeve. Last thing I want is it breaking in early January at dark-thirty when I need to hook it up. I added the $8 flange to bolt it to the gusset.

Appreciate the photo, as I was going by memory.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Soil line repair today...was told it was 4 feet deep. Turned out to be closer to 6 feet. Did this one with the B2650 since there was little room. Digging was a bit slow since I was digging under a bay window. That really wasn't much fun. A 6 foot deep hole makes for a larger dirt pile than you would think. Here's a few shots from today's festivities...the Colonel was called yet again...

Start:
H4-EVA331-2.JPG

H4-EVA331-3.JPG

lunch with the "Colonel"
H4-EVA331-4.JPG

My view:

H4-EVA331-5.JPG

Hole:
H4-EVA331-7.JPG

Dirt Pile:

H4-EVA331-8.JPG

Piped:
H4-EVA331-10.JPG

Backfilling. Watch that window!

H4-EVA331-13.JPG

Done. Window still in tact. Whew.

H4-EVA331-16.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
The ONLY blade to buy is the EA Deluxe Rear Scrape Blade.
I have had two others: one a Speeco, and one a King Kutter.
The EA blade is VASTLY superior!!!
Me me me mine mine mine bigger bigger better and more expensive than your inferior blade! RCW you did it now folks are gonna talk about ya! Iffin your gonna roll with the big boys you gotta go expensive! LOL! Its not a bull dozer blade! He's using it to plow snow! And on a BX mind you! It will work perfectly fine and is made of some quite stout material. I haven't bent mine pushing snow yet! Oh brother where is that roll eyes smile? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users