B7200 vs BX2200

Ckbecker

Equipment
B7200
Feb 16, 2019
Petersburg, IL
I currently have a B7200 gear driven with 1640 loader with a 54 inch bucket. I assume my tractor has 1675 hours. Only has 3 digit meter showing 675. I only use it around my house for clearing snow, moving gravel and mulch. I have owned it for 3 years, and only put 45 hours on it. I would like to upgrade to a hydro and have found a BX2200 with a loader and 48 inch bucket with 1275 hours. What are everyone’s opinions of these tractors, which is more durable, things to lookout for on the BX2200?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Keep the B, because it can do what the BX can't. You can't compare unlike things, such as apples and oranges. The BX is a great little tractor, but it doesn't have the lift capacity of the B. I own a BX, and there are many times that I wished that I had a B, since the BX can't lift as high or as heavy a load as the B. If I had a B, I might wish for an L ....................

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
HST is great. But if you're even close to using the capacity of the B, you'll be disappointed in the BX. It's not a bad machine, but they've squished it down to a size constraint, and I think that squishing involves too many compromises. I had a BX, I moved to a B2601, and it's quite a lot more machine. The B7200 is about the same size as a B2601.

However, if you're not really needing the capacity of the B, then the BX would potentially be a nicer machine to use, lower and easier to get on/off, HST makes a lot of things easier. The BX is a good solid machine. It just lifts a lot less on the 3ph in particular, and has a lot less ground clearance/very small front wheels and axle.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I had a B7200 back in the late 80s I loved that little machine I think I'd keep the one you have I had a BX24 in the early 2000s although it was a great machine the old B7200 was a lot more tractor.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Keep the B, because it can do what the BX can't. You can't compare unlike things, such as apples and oranges. The BX is a great little tractor, but it doesn't have the lift capacity of the B. I own a BX, and there are many times that I wished that I had a B, since the BX can't lift as high or as heavy a load as the B. If I had a B, I might wish for an L ....................
Nothing beats having TWO tractors. Buy the BX and keep the B. You will not be sorry....

I know because I have a BX and a B... :)