3 pt hitch slow to raise

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
The 3 pt hitch on my B2650 is slow to raise. When I pull the lever to raise it, it doesn’t start raise till I hit 5 on the indicator. The hydraulic oil is within limits. Is there an adjustment or is something going bad. I don’t have but 120 hrs on it

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Check if you have a hydraulic flow valve just under the front of your seat, maybe you have tightened it by accident

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Check if you have a hydraulic flow valve just under the front of your seat, maybe you have tightened it by accident
Ok thanks I will. I thought that was only for lowering it. I had issues with it at one time not wanting to raise I posted a thread and some one said to check my connections and I did and it started working

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My B2601 is the same. I've seen suggestion that it is adjustable (from someone else on here - B737), but I don't think I recall how he was actually going to do it. I sometimes think about trying to adjust it, but since it's working the way it is I never get around to it.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
My B2601 is the same. I've seen suggestion that it is adjustable (from someone else on here - B737), but I don't think I recall how he was actually going to do it. I sometimes think about trying to adjust it, but since it's working the way it is I never get around to it.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Yeah that the way I feel. But sometimes I wonder if it is going to raise. Does the lowering valve also adjust the speed on how fast it raises? I’m a newbie with tractors and are learning as I go. So please bare with means

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Yeah that the way I feel. But sometimes I wonder if it is going to raise. Does the lowering valve also adjust the speed on how fast it raises? I’m a newbie with tractors and are learning as I go. So please bare with means
If you tighten the valve you can lock the 3pt arms in position, so yes you can impact how they raise

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
No the lowering valve (nob under front of seat) only affects the drop rate of the 3 point hitch.
With an implement attached to the 3 point hitch and sitting on the ground, the arms are held up by the pins on the implement. If the arms were not attached to anything they would drop lower so they would start to lift sooner when you move the control lever.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I agree - the lowering valve is basically a restrictor on the flow as the 3pt hitch goes down. So it slows it going down. It doesn't control the point where it starts going up. If you close it all the way, it could stop the 3pt hitch going up at all - but I'm not sure if it's a restrictor on the outlet, or a restrictor on the flow in or out (i.e. does it slow it up or down, or only down).

I expect there's an adjust of some sort. But it's not even clear to me that it's supposed to start lifting at 1. I assume the 3pt hitch has a fixed range of travel from all the way up to all the way down. If it starts lifting sooner, then presumably it'll hit the top sooner. Mine definitely goes all the way up (well, as much up as I'd like it to - the top link hits the cross member on some implements when all the way up...). If I adjust it to start raising earlier, then presumably I'll have to be careful to never lift it all the way to 9 - otherwise I'll bend something.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
My L3301 is similar. Not sure the exact number but I have to get the lever about half way until it goes up. And there is very little "up" control. But once it's up I can control the drop pretty good.

I always just thought that's the way it's designed to work.

Reactions: 1 users

airborne24

Equipment
B2650
Nov 13, 2022
WA
The 3 pt hitch on my B2650 is slow to raise. When I pull the lever to raise it, it doesn’t start raise till I hit 5 on the indicator. The hydraulic oil is within limits. Is there an adjustment or is something going bad. I don’t have but 120 hrs on it
dealing with this now too. It used to work from the lower number settings. Have you come across any way to adjust this? several threads indicate it is internal and can't be adjusted. not sure why it changed on my tractor.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
dealing with this now too. It used to work from the lower number settings. Have you come across any way to adjust this? several threads indicate it is internal and can't be adjusted. not sure why it changed on my tractor.
Took it to the dealer and a mechanic told me that was normal. It has a float in it and until the float moves the 3pt won’t He said there is no adjustment