Sidekick 850 Windshield

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
For some reason there aren't a whole lot of windshied options for the RTV-XG850.

Kubota wanted $800+ for their's. I found that a little hard to stomach since I consider these windshields as disposable...I went through 3 of them on my golf cart over 20 years and found that they got scratched, crazed, brittle and broken over time. I liked the split folding windshield on my golf cart and I drove with it folded down about 90% of the time.

I made up a drawing and had the local plastic fabricator make up the half windshield complete with cold bends to match the roll cage contours and a kicker lip on top to make the plastic a little more rigid. The cost to fabricate was about $250 which included the Lexan MR10 hard coated plastic. I bought a set of these roll bar clamps from Amazon.

The all in cost for this project was under CDN$300 (or about US$100 ;-)

I find the air flow good - hits me at 6'1" at mid head level, little wind on the torso. Good for cold weather and I still get to eat some bugs and grass seeds!

If anyone is interested I can post dimensions if you want to fabricate your own.

Attachments

Rmay6850

Equipment
BX2680, RTV X900
Apr 29, 2021
Virginia
Nice job…

curious what LED lights you have and are the side mirrors after market as well?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Nice job…

curious what LED lights you have and are the side mirrors after market as well?
I've used the 13" bars on my tractor for about 5 years now, super bright, zero complaints.
If you are willing to wait they always go on sale at princess auto.
I've seen these on Amazon at twice the price. Royal is close to me so easy to pick up. Best price I could find. Work ok, easily fold in when you hit branches.