Divider block problems

Ironheadfrog

Equipment
1987 Kubota B8200
May 4, 2021
Tennessee
Hello, new member here, I would like to start off by thanking whoever created this site and all the members that contribute to it. I have been reading it for a while and it has helped me more than a few times. Now to the question. I read a post from back in 2014 about a member having divider block problems and it sounded similar to mine. I inherited a 1978 B8200 from my grandfather and have used it for the last 2 years almost daily. 2 weeks ago I started her up while I was greasing my FEL and I started hearing a noise from my divider block. When I got on it the FEL and 3 point would not raise and the noise got louder as I tried. I shut it down and started looking into it on the web. That's when I found that post. The following day I printed off a parts breakdown of the divider block, took it off the machine. I work in a die maintenance shop, so at work I took it apart and made sure seals and wipers were good. The valve springs functioned the way I believe they should but they are crimped in so I could not get a close look at them. Reassembled and put it back on tractor. It worked and was quiet for about 5 minutes then the sound came back along with lose of hydraulics. I know this is long winded, sorry. But would anyone have any advice or ideas as to what I should do next.

Thanks for any replies.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may have to define “divider block” I am not sure what that is but I also don’t have any fel to deal with.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
You may have to define “divider block” I am not sure what that is but I also don’t have any fel to deal with.
I think he means "Hydraulic Block Outlet type."

It would help to know which model of B8200 he has. HST or manual gear box.

Possibly one of the following two:

Forum B8200 T04600.jpg

forum B8200 T04700.jpg

How many lines connect to the FEL valve? 6 or 7?

Are there any quick couplings for hydraulic lines on the tractor and/or loader?

Dave

Last edited:

Ironheadfrog

Equipment
1987 Kubota B8200
May 4, 2021
Tennessee
I might not have the correct name for it. It is a hydraulic block mounted on the chasis by my right foot when I'm in the seat. My understanding is that it allows you to direct hydraulic flow to your front and back or, by turning the directional valve on it, to only the back of tractor. It has 2 check valve on it. I'll post a picture when I get home today.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Make sure the directional valve in block (attachment 1) is completely clockwise, needs to be when FEL attached (attachment 2, paragraph 2). Remember reading posts from people having weird hydraulic problems with this type of block when directional valve is nut fully clockwise with FEL attached. May possibly be your problem. These attachments are from B8200 operators manual.

Attachments

Ironheadfrog

Equipment
1987 Kubota B8200
May 4, 2021
Tennessee
Everything is visually as it should be. When I disassembled it I even scribbed the directional valve handle shaft and nut to make sure it went back the original way. Could one of the check Valves be going bad? They are in a sleeve that is crimped, so all I could check was movement of spring. And they both moved.

Ironheadfrog

Equipment
1987 Kubota B8200
May 4, 2021
Tennessee
I think he means "Hydraulic Block Outlet type."

It would help to know which model of B8200 he has. HST or manual gear box.

Possibly one of the following two:

View attachment 59317

View attachment 59318

Are there any quick couplings for hydraulic lines on the tractor and/or loader?

Dave
Dave I just read your questions, sorry for late response, my block is the T04700 block and my hoses to the FEL are quick disconnects.

Ironheadfrog

Equipment
1987 Kubota B8200
May 4, 2021
Tennessee
I have made a few mistakes. I found the owners manual for the tractor, in it was my grandfathers receipt from when he bought it new. It is a 1987 model. i was told from my uncle it was a 78. sorry about that. You guys were correct on the name, the manual calls it a hydraulic block type outlet. sorry for my confusion. Should have found the manual first before going to the internet.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have made a few mistakes. I found the owners manual for the tractor, in it was my grandfathers receipt from when he bought it new. It is a 1987 model. i was told from my uncle it was a 78. sorry about that. You guys were correct on the name, the manual calls it a hydraulic block type outlet. sorry for my confusion. Should have found the manual first before going to the internet.
The problem remains if I understand your post.

The routing of hoses into and out of the outlet block is critical and often messed up by owners changing a hose, removing a loader or other.

Do you have power steering?

If your hydraulic hoses have quick couplings, start by opening and then reconnecting the couplings.

The question I asked in post #3 is very important:

On the body of the loader valve will be a few letters cast into the body. Clean the valve and try and identify these letters.

Post a photo of the outlet block from your manual.

Make a sketch showing the outlet block and the loader valve and where each line connects to each of these two pieces.

Dave