Hydraulic Top Link for B2601

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
I used the search feature in the forum to search for the above subject.

I figured this would be covered repeatedly.

How does one find one that matches their tractor? Any experience folks can share?

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Spelling error? You are looking for info on a suitable top link for a B2601.

I suggest you first work out the mechanical range of the top link that the tractor ships with, use this to help you select the hydraulic top link.

Reactions: 1 user

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Screw the link in and measure length of center holes, repeat with link extended.

This is what I bought for a B2650

Reactions: 1 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Screw the link in and measure length of center holes, repeat with link extended.

Thank you.... Makes perfect sense. May get a box blade for leveling the back 3/4 of an acre. Would be nice if angling the blade is automatic.

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
step one: before taking delivery of tractor, have rear double valve kit installed. 3 valve set, even better.
step two: place your order RIGHT NOW, today, with Brian at fit-rite Hydraulics. It will take ALL of the guess work, and DIY fab work out of the equation. Get on his wait list now because it's long.

I'd say in any given day, using the box blade or rake, I waste roughly an :30 (or more) total time getting off the machine, and adjusting the rear links for whatever is getting finished. Maybe 3 minutes each time, do that 10 times, grading an angle or slope, it gets old real quick. Being able to adjust the rear links on the fly is a game changer.

I recall asking Brian "if I should get the side link" lol I can't believe I even wasted his time with the question. Adjustable top and side links should be standard equipment on every machine :)

I did not get rear 3 valve set, just double. I run implement hydraulics (like rake angle) off the 3rd function. There are a few different kinds of rear valves available from Kubota. You can get double acting and I think 3 position ones too.

Last edited:

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
step one: before taking delivery of tractor, have rear double valve kit installed. 3 valve, even better.
step two: place your order RIGHT NOW, today, with Brian at fit-rite Hydraulics. It will take ALL of the guess work, and DIY fab work out of the equation. Get on his wait list now because it's long.

I'd say in any given day, using the box blade or rake, I waste roughly an :30 (or more) total time getting off the machine, and adjusting the rear links for whatever it is i'm finishing. Maybe 3 minutes each time, do that 10 times, grading an angle or slope, it gets old real quick. Being able to adjust the rear links on the fly in 'real time' is a game changer.

I recall asking Brian "if i should get the side link" lol I cant believe I even wasted his time with the question. Adjustable top and side links should be standard equipment on every machine :)

Thank you.

Do the top and tilt hydraulics work with a quick hitch? I imagine they do.

I did order a 3rd function kit. If I only got top link hydraulics could I run that off of the third function, realizing the hose runs may be awkward.

I will price the pair of remote hydraulics from the dealer.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The stacked rear remote set for B2601, kit "B7304", will only be about $800 for all the parts. If you opt for the one with float I think it's an extra $300.

You could run the top link from 3rd function, but that would be a little weird. You'd have a 5'+ long hose going from your right foot backward to the link, and if you ever get a hydraulic angled rear blade or rake in the future, you'll be out of ports.

Yes you can use T&T with QH, but you have to be careful, I think bad things can happen under certain full scale deflections.

Last edited:

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
step one: before taking delivery of tractor, have rear double valve kit installed. 3 valve set, even better.

I just got home from the dealer and had rear double valve kit installed. I only see one use for it on my property, leveling 3/4 of a acre with a box blade where top and tilt will really help.

Thank you.

This forum is expensive.

:)

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

I read on the link you sent that the ball needs to be ground down before install. Do you remember doing that?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I read on the link you sent that the ball needs to be ground down before install. Do you remember doing that?
Yes, clamp top link pin in vise place cylinder on it and use angle grinder. Flip occasionally to grind both sides down.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Yes, clamp top link pin in vise place cylinder on it and use angle grinder. Flip occasionally to grind both sides down.
Thank you. I imagine I can do this with a bench grinder? Perhaps using the side of the grinding wheel? I don't own an angle grinder.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thank you. I imagine I can do this with a bench grinder? Perhaps using the side of the grinding wheel? I don't own an angle grinder.
Yes, how I did mine for the LX. Hold the cylinder in one arm kinda under your armpit, pliers on the side your not grinding, alternating back and forth. It doesn’t take much on each side so check fit often.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Yes, how I did mine for the LX. Hold the cylinder in one arm kinda under your armpit, pliers on the side your not grinding, alternating back and forth. It doesn’t take much on each side so check fit often.
Thank you Matt. Do you have the tilt function as well?

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

I'd say in any given day, using the box blade or rake, I waste roughly an :30 (or more) total time getting off the machine, and adjusting the rear links for whatever is getting finished. Maybe 3 minutes each time, do that 10 times, grading an angle or slope, it gets old real quick. Being able to adjust the rear links on the fly is a game changer.

I recall asking Brian "if I should get the side link" lol I can't believe I even wasted his time with the question. Adjustable top and side links should be standard equipment on every machine :)

I did not get rear 3 valve set, just double. I run implement hydraulics (like rake angle) off the 3rd function. There are a few different kinds of rear valves available from Kubota. You can get double acting and I think 3 position ones too.

Still considering using Fit-Rite. Emailed Brian this evening. Just curious why there is such a big difference in price between locating an off the shelf actuator and the fit rite. I would love to understand.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Still considering using Fit-Rite. Emailed Brian this evening. Just curious why there is such a big difference in price between locating an off the shelf actuator and the fit rite. I would love to understand.
The value is entirely up to you. My order started with a BX toplink which is a little tricky to source. The side link on most machines is particularly difficult to DIY. The value of using Fit-rite (to me), was taking all the guess work out. Box arrives, you pin everything on, plug into the rear ports, done.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Quality, fit & finish, lifetime warranty.

Can anyone of those off the shelf suppliers even make a relatively informed recommendation?
Do they know or provide the base end ball swivel at 1 9/16" wide as it should be for the B series tractors, or the std 1 3/4" wide ball swivel and you get to grind it down to fit?

All little things that mean a lot to some, and make no difference at all to others.
They all work, or they would not be selling them. It's just that off the shelf units are mass produced and may or may not fit your particular application. If you are fortunate, you can get an off the shelf unit that is basically perfect for your tractor. That does not happen very often. If it did, there would be a whole bunch more sizes out there on those shelves.

Fit Rites units are plug & play, no grinding, drilling, bending, no modifications required to get the unit to work. Each unit is built for the model of tractor that it is ordered for, not "well with some modifications it might work".

What I provide isn't for everyone, but it must be good for a lot of people, I just had to bump out to a 28 week lead time after record sales in April.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Quality, fit & finish, lifetime warranty.

Can anyone of those off the shelf suppliers even make a relatively informed recommendation?
Do they know or provide the base end ball swivel at 1 9/16" wide as it should be for the B series tractors, or the std 1 3/4" wide ball swivel and you get to grind it down to fit?

All little things that mean a lot to some, and make no difference at all to others.
They all work, or they would not be selling them. It's just that off the shelf units are mass produced and may or may not fit your particular application. If you are fortunate, you can get an off the shelf unit that is basically perfect for your tractor. That does not happen very often. If it did, there would be a whole bunch more sizes out there on those shelves.

Fit Rites units are plug & play, no grinding, drilling, bending, no modifications required to get the unit to work. Each unit is built for the model of tractor that it is ordered for, not "well with some modifications it might work".

What I provide isn't for everyone, but it must be good for a lot of people, I just had to bump out to a 28 week lead time after record sales in April.
Very happy for your success. It is a very long to time to lay out that much money. But heck, I'd do the same if I were you and had that back log. Just a little nervous with that much cash out of pocket over six months with a fragile, albeit highly talented, supply line.

I appreciate your response above.