snow pusher size for a b7100?

gas man

Equipment
b7100hst
May 25, 2019
cny
good morning to all. i'm looking at building a ssqa snowpusher for my b7100. i'm thinking 60" wide by about 18" tall. just looking for some friendly advice if that sounds about the right size. i've only ran it twice in the snow with a 60" backblade but that doesn't carry much snow. thanks and look forward to all reply's.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
A lot depends on how deep and how wet the snow is as well as how far do you need to push it, what kind of tires are on your machine and what kind of surface is the snow sitting on?

IMHO, heavy wet snow on a long gravel uphill drive with ag tires is going to be a challenge for a little B7100. Dry light snow on a firm base with turf tires is probably no problem.

But I have not personally tried either one. I use a blower.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
good morning to all. i'm looking at building a ssqa snowpusher for my b7100. i'm thinking 60" wide by about 18" tall. just looking for some friendly advice if that sounds about the right size. i've only ran it twice in the snow with a 60" backblade but that doesn't carry much snow. thanks and look forward to all reply's.
I've never used a snow pusher but have plowed lots of snow with my B1750HSDT.

I use a 6' back blade with F & R chains.

Chains are required to plow much snow and just about any snow when going up hill. Areas are asphalt.

I certainly would not build anything larger than 60"

SDT

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
When you use the term ssqa (Skid Steer Quick Attach) you are typically referring to a design for a skid steer meaning attached to a loader.

Do you have a loader and are planning on pushing with a blade on the loader?

Light tractor loaders do not do well with sideways forces as would be generated with an angled blade.

Your tractor can handle a 48" 3 pt hitch mounted blower with ease.

Dave

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
When you use the term ssqa (Skid Steer Quick Attach) you are typically referring to a design for a skid steer meaning attached to a loader.

Do you have a loader and are planning on pushing with a blade on the loader?

Light tractor loaders do not do well with sideways forces as would be generated with an angled blade.

Your tractor can handle a 48" 3 pt hitch mounted blower with ease.

Dave
He's using a pusher. They don't angle. Think of it like a box blade on the loader.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I use a 5’ on my L3901 and 6’ on my MX5800, based on the data for your tractor I would think a 4’ width would be more suited, data I found suggests your track width to be 40” so 4’ wide pusher will work well. Both of mine are from Express Steel Inc, nice heavy duty units with serviceable skids and rubber edge. Good luck in your project. Mine get lots of use here in Northern MI. I run snow pusher on front and rear pto snow blower. Blower does a much better job but I use pusher in ares if I’m not sure what is under the snow

gas man

Equipment
b7100hst
May 25, 2019
cny
thanks for the replies. that is correct, i've got the ssqa on the loader. i won't be angling it, just straight pushes. i do have a 48" blower for the back of it that i picked up this spring. just thinking it would be faster to push it off and then when the weather is a little nicer out blow the snowbanks away. i found a pretty heavy duty 54" blade i think i will use as the base for this project. i also have a 10' blade on my truck so i'll have options depending on the snow and the weather.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm just curious, what are the advantages of a pusher over a bucket?

gas man

Equipment
b7100hst
May 25, 2019
cny
from what i've observered depending on the size it carries more snow, doesn't stick like it does in a bucket. the biggest advantage to me is i plow snow off gravel and sod so having the two skis on the sides keeps it from ripping everything up. if i was on concrete or black top i'd probably just run the bucket. like i said i have a large blade for the truck but if the ground isn't frozen it makes a large mess and is hard to get into tight spots. i plow roughly an acres of ground here in upstate ny. besides you doesn't want another attachment. :D