Am I dreaming or not....

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
It increases performance ;) ;) Just ask them :rolleyes:

Had a guy with a couple girls pull up next to me in my stock pickup. Guy was driving a wanna be street racing car. Half primer, a decent set of rims, and a tail fin. He started hammering on the throttle being obnoxious as hell.

Light turned green and I floored it. I was up and stopped at the next stop light and he was still halfway there. :D

Pulled up next to me and started being more annoying. Light turned green, and he took off giving them gerbils everything they had. I gave him till he got about halfway through the intersection and put throttle to the floor again, and sailed past him.

Next light, he's next to us acting obnoxious as hell still. My buddy sitting in the passenger seat rolled down the window and said "Dude!!! Give it up, you just got beat by a stock pickup truck!!!!".

Them girls were laughing something fierce when we went by him again :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe they were laughing at you in your half primer, decent set of rims stock truck because you didn't have the tail fin....or a coffee can muffler ;)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Hopefully those inside their soundproof cage with the sound system turned up can still hear emergency vehicles. I have no false sense of security when on two wheels. The largest bike against a smart car = smart car wins.
The new hybrids have pedestrian alert on them due to how quiet they are. We don’t really sell hybrids in this area, but from what Ive heard it kind of sounds like a hair drier/ electric leaf blower to warn the pedestrian a car is present. Takes the fun out of sneaking up behind coworkers outside smoking and laying on the horn when you a couple inches from them :D

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Hey Sidecar, I wish I lived closer:

468 BBC with 4 into 1 sidepipes. Hell yeah LOUD

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
It increases performance ;) ;) Just ask them :rolleyes:

Had a guy with a couple girls pull up next to me in my stock pickup. Guy was driving a wanna be street racing car. Half primer, a decent set of rims, and a tail fin. He started hammering on the throttle being obnoxious as hell.

Light turned green and I floored it. I was up and stopped at the next stop light and he was still halfway there. :D

Pulled up next to me and started being more annoying. Light turned green, and he took off giving them gerbils everything they had. I gave him till he got about halfway through the intersection and put throttle to the floor again, and sailed past him.

Next light, he's next to us acting obnoxious as hell still. My buddy sitting in the passenger seat rolled down the window and said "Dude!!! Give it up, you just got beat by a stock pickup truck!!!!".

Them girls were laughing something fierce when we went by him again :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Isn’t it fun? :D I worked with a kid that had a “tuned up” 2015 mustang v6, coupled with the fact he couldn’t drive it, the look on his face that day when he thought he would be funny getting on the interstate he stopped on the on ramp with me behind him then took off, after trying to not run him over on the ramp, the look on his face when a 6000 lb truck just went hauling past him was priceless. Not quite a stock F250 with a 6.0, but if Flip can have a straight piped powerstroke then so can I :cool:

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Hopefully those inside their soundproof cage with the sound system turned up can still hear emergency vehicles. I have no false sense of security when on two wheels. The largest bike against a smart car = smart car wins.

I sure do not blame you about the false security issue. From some of what I see almost daily I am not to sure if it would do any good for them to have the windows down..........they are still clueless.

Ride safe :)

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Isn’t it fun? :D I worked with a kid that had a “tuned up” 2015 mustang v6, coupled with the fact he couldn’t drive it, the look on his face that day when he thought he would be funny getting on the interstate he stopped on the on ramp with me behind him then took off, after trying to not run him over on the ramp, the look on his face when a 6000 lb truck just went hauling past him was priceless. Not quite a stock F250 with a 6.0, but if Flip can have a straight piped powerstroke then so can I :cool:

Found it amazing recently to learn that some of the newish diesels do not even have a factory muffler on them. So many EPA canisters on them no muffler needed.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Found it amazing recently to learn that some of the newish diesels do not even have a factory muffler on them. So many EPA canisters on them no muffler needed.
Yeah there is no room to even put a muffler on them, but going thru about 8 ft of filters there isn’t a need for one

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
These kids now days don't know what a vehicle should sound like. Loud is better is all they think about. Even my own son talked about cutting the flow masters off my F150 he drives and straight pipe it. I told him that strange burning feeling he was about the experience would be my foot in his ass.

Truck still has the exhaust on it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Any diesel with a hair dryer will be muffled. The turbo is the muffler Only thing mine does is emit a whistle from the spinning turbo. On the other hand, a straight piped naturally aspirated diesel is extremely obnoxious.