Maybe a Gray Market?

IJump

Apr 21, 2020
Nicholasville, KY
I recently purchased an older Kubota. I'm excited about getting to work with it. (I've also recently bought some land adjacent to a cabin I own and I am going to plant a nice big garden in.)

I have been searching everywhere I could to try and figure out the model. I've contacted Kubota customer service and a dealer. Customer service asked me to send them a picture of the tag near the right front tire, which I can't do because I don't have the tractor with me. (it is on the way to my cabin and land where I will be using it.) I submitted an online form to the dealer and they asked for pictures. They haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm hoping they can give me some info once they take a look at them.

I just found out about the gray market tractors today. I am wondering if that is what I have and if you all can help me identify it.

Here are some things that appear to be odd to me based on what I have seen of other Kubota tractors:

Exhaust on the right side?
3 lug front wheels? Maybe I'm just looking at that wrong.
The covers on the handles near the tail lights seem unique\unusual

Thanks in advance for any help or information. I'm looking forward to reading through the forums and learning a lot.

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hummm, Maybe a B5000, but really hard to say.
It is a very odd one!
Odd's of it being a grey are very high.

I'm thinking someone has done some serious retro fitting, alternator is one thing, and hydraulic pump is another.
Neither look stock.

You're going to need to look on the left side of the transmission tunnel (aka clutch housing) for stamped numbers.

Also look on the side of the engine for a cast CC number.

I recently purchased an older Kubota. I'm excited about getting to work with it. (I've also recently bought some land adjacent to a cabin I own and I am going to plant a nice big garden in.)

I have been searching everywhere I could to try and figure out the model. I've contacted Kubota customer service and a dealer. Customer service asked me to send them a picture of the tag near the right front tire, which I can't do because I don't have the tractor with me. (it is on the way to my cabin and land where I will be using it.) I submitted an online form to the dealer and they asked for pictures. They haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm hoping they can give me some info once they take a look at them.

I just found out about the gray market tractors today. I am wondering if that is what I have and if you all can help me identify it.

Here are some things that appear to be odd to me based on what I have seen of other Kubota tractors:

Exhaust on the right side?
3 lug front wheels? Maybe I'm just looking at that wrong.
The covers on the handles near the tail lights seem unique\unusual

Thanks in advance for any help or information. I'm looking forward to reading through the forums and learning a lot.
i need learn more.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What ever it is, stick around and keep up informed. Don't think IF it is not a Kubota you can't post here, you sure can.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
I additionally see it has rice paddy tires on it and no PTO shield. Which way does the PTO rotate? 6 spline pto?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I additionally see it has rice paddy tires on it and no PTO shield. Which way does the PTO rotate? 6 spline pto?
I take it you missed the Quote, it's not a Kubota at all, it's a Mitsubishi D1500-2WD.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
I did NOT miss anything. Regardless of what it is or who made it, merely point out it has rice paddy tires and no PTO cover. I would suspect any warning labels, if any, are NOT in English. Tractor was not for the USA market.