Canadian Supplier of tire chains.

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

To the Canucks on here. I have a new to me, 06' B7800 with 12.4 - 16 R4's on the rear. They are completely useless in the snow. which I always knew they would be.

Looking for tire chains and the prices are all over the map. Does anyone know of a good (and cheap) supplier in Canada.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Maybe not cheap..reasonable... Princess Auto carry them now...might have a set that fits....
PA is one of my favourite stores, I did look there and they only carry small sizes. Some of the truck one have the height but not the width.

Thanks, Hodgy

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dang, thought it'd be worth a shot.... I figure I could have bought 6 or 7 BX23S from the PA 'donations'....
They USED to have Willys parts too !

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
dang, thought it'd be worth a shot.... I figure I could have bought 6 or 7 BX23S from the PA 'donations'....
They USED to have Willys parts too !

Yup, I am originally from Winnipeg where PA was born. They used to have a couple of quonset buildings on Panet Road with all of that war surplus stuff in there. I think the jeeps' were $995.00. They were the ones built but not shipped overseas.

Rosseau

Equipment
Kubota BX 23s
Sep 20, 2019
Rosseau, Ontario
Did you try canadianchains.ca ? Was looking for my new BX23S and they seem to have a large selection, and not heart-stopping expensive like some places. They have studs as well, as I am not sure the new BX80s have much room under the right rear with the loader valve there.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Did you try canadianchains.ca ? Was looking for my new BX23S and they seem to have a large selection, and not heart-stopping expensive like some places. They have studs as well, as I am not sure the new BX80s have much room under the right rear with the loader valve there.

Thanks they have the correct size, $503 CAD. Think I will look around locally for a bit. I have a line on some used ones off a Mahindra, he will send measurements to me tonight.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Have you considered studding your tires? You can get 100 for $90 on amazon. I got 200, 2 studs per lug on the back and 1 stud per lug on the front (every 3 of 4 lugs). I've never had an issue with traction, even on shear ice with a dusting of snow on top. I keep them on all year. But be warned, they can mark up concrete/asphalt, especially when turning.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Have you considered studding your tires? You can get 100 for $90 on amazon. I got 200, 2 studs per lug on the back and 1 stud per lug on the front (every 3 of 4 lugs). I've never had an issue with traction, even on shear ice with a dusting of snow on top. I keep them on all year. But be warned, they can mark up concrete/asphalt, especially when turning.

Don't think studs will cut it. I am all gravel all of the time with 10 driveways to do. The longest is ½ mile through the bush and up a twisty hill that rises 80 feet within about 400 feet. I have done that one with my TEA-20 Ferguson with chains and a 6' 3 PTH V-Type snowblower for the last 10 years. Without chains I would be still sitting there spinning.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
i will go out and measure the set that i have and will let you know I was given them by my friend that moved to aussieland they have never been used.. if they will fit ur unit we can work out a small price plus shipping from Winnipeg

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Don't think studs will cut it. I am all gravel all of the time with 10 driveways to do. The longest is ½ mile through the bush and up a twisty hill that rises 80 feet within about 400 feet. I have done that one with my TEA-20 Ferguson with chains and a 6' 3 PTH V-Type snowblower for the last 10 years. Without chains I would be still sitting there spinning.

Fair enough, I haven't tried snowblowing any hills like that. I have a 1000ft gravel driveway, but it's fairly flat. Good luck on the chain hunt.

Tommieboy

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario
There is Walco Equipment in Elmira (near Guelph), they sell Trygg and Twinway-Six but they are not cheap. The cheaper of the 2, Twinway-Six go for around $900.

I've also been looking for used for my L4060 industrials and they're very hard to find.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
There is Walco Equipment in Elmira (near Guelph), they sell Trygg and Twinway-Six but they are not cheap. The cheaper of the 2, Twinway-Six go for around $900.

I've also been looking for used for my L4060 industrials and they're very hard to find.

I won't be paying $900 for chains. I found a supplier in BC that has a set for $503 but still working on a set of used. I found a set of 16.9 x 30 that are 12' 6" long and 23" wide. They are a bit wide and should work and I will be able to get my chains out of one of them. I will then sell the other chain and see if I can re-coup some costs. Lots of Botas' around here so we will see.

Tommieboy

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario
I won't be paying $900 for chains. I found a supplier in BC that has a set for $503 but still working on a set of used. I found a set of 16.9 x 30 that are 12' 6" long and 23" wide. They are a bit wide and should work and I will be able to get my chains out of one of them. I will then sell the other chain and see if I can re-coup some costs. Lots of Botas' around here so we will see.

What's the name of the BC supplier?

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

What's the name of the BC supplier?

Canadian Chains in Langley BC, they provide free shipping.
info@canadianchains.ca

https://www.canadianchains.ca/DuoGrip-Tractor-Chains_p_19.html

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
In Alberta theres a few places you could likely go for what you need. Greggs distributors is one. Another one is Fort garry Industries. I was going to suggest orange aftermarket but if my memory serves correct they don't carry that kinda stuff.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm hoping to find a set of rear wheel chains for my B7510 on R1 Ag tires.
Tire size is 9.5-16.

I'm throwing this out here in case somebody has a set of chains they don't need... Likewise, a Canadian source would be terrific!

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
https://www.canadianchains.ca/Tire-...o3UO55sul-Jb51VL29pgnBcXDgWSePnhoCBhsQAvD_BwE

>>>>>>>>>
This is an outfit in lower BC.
I got a set of 2 link, V bar, ladder chains for my 36" turfs. Called them with tire numbers for non road service turfs.

They said piece of cake.. Got the chains and they fit good enough.

Only problem was they made them up one cross link short. They used 20 cross links instead of 21. The missing link created a gap that rode like a bucking horse. I had to snarl a little at them to get the extra cross links as they wanted to tell me they were the experts and all was fine. They did send the cross links. Easy enough to install and the chains fit and ride better.

My 5 cents of experience...

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

I found a set of used chains off 16.9 x 30 tires that have a diamond pattern. They measure 12' 6" long and 23" wide. I am installing rear wheel spacers this week and will do a dry fit after that.

I think I can get a set out of one of the chains and then sell the other to someone who wants to do the same.

I have some photos of them but for some reason the site will not let me load them.