newbie with 2650

kubotajay

Equipment
Kubota b2650, 534 ller, land pride planeader, land pride reverse t
Mar 2, 2019
Midwest
Just took delivery of a kubota b2650, 534a loader,land pride gs1560 grader scraper and a rtr1258 tiller. 21059.00 with kubota insurance and 1.99% financing. Drove about 70 miles to get as local dealer wouldn't even come close to the price. Already noticed a few issues that i hope the dealer will resolve, will wait and see next week. (not worth mentioning at this time and to be fair to the dealer going to see if its handled.) Had it a day so can't give reviews but I'm sure I'm going to love it! Now just waiting for warm weather so i can tear up my yard!!

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Congratulations on your new machine. Be sure to let us know how things work out with your dealer.
Regards

kubotajay

Equipment
Mar 2, 2019
Midwest
contacted dealer and issues will be addressed. just have to take tractor back 70 miles away. there were several bolts loose in the fenders. Also they scratched the tail light housing during set-up. None of these issues were really with mentioning just the ocd in me shining through.Also I feel like the bolts were upside down as the threads were on the top side.Going back on Saturday to get everything resolved plus picking my grader scraper that they did not have in stock.Also thinking about purchasing the q15 quick hitch. is it worth 425.00? I see a lot on line from 100.00 and up. Is there really that much difference I quality?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice package, kubotajay!! You'll enjoy that setup immensely. My dealer was great to work out some tiny issues and I'll bet yours will do the same. I plead guilty to being biased too: but I think everyone here is, right?

IMG_1557_r4.jpg

I hardly remember what brand my old green and yellow tractor is anymore after having this one around!:D

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
contacted dealer and issues will be addressed. just have to take tractor back 70 miles away. there were several bolts loose in the fenders. Also they scratched the tail light housing during set-up. None of these issues were really with mentioning just the ocd in me shining through.Also I feel like the bolts were upside down as the threads were on the top side.Going back on Saturday to get everything resolved plus picking my grader scraper that they did not have in stock.Also thinking about purchasing the q15 quick hitch. is it worth 425.00? I see a lot on line from 100.00 and up. Is there really that much difference I quality?
Regarding quick hitches: One thing to think about is that you have to make sure all your implements are set up to fit the quick hitch. some might need modifying. They're nice once it's all done but is it worth all the effort on your part to ensure everything fits. Depends on how much and often you'll be hooking/unhooking equipment. For me it wasn't. But I'm not in a business using the tractor and didn't want to start cutting and fabricating on new attachments just to save a minute or two in time when hooking up. You still have to be back there to hook up the pto to some of them anyway. It just depends on what you want to do. Just something to think about and consider.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
My cheapo Harbor Freight quick hitch has always performed admirably under really, really hard use. This includes a Rhino CY72 brush hog with a 4" cutting capacity. That thing weighs almost 1300lbs! I've backed into things with it. Wrapped chains around to tow 3/4 ton trucks. Pulled all sorts of fence posts. And so on and so forth. I would never see a reason to spend so much on a quick hitch. I've also had Speeco and another off-brand I'd never even heard of. They all look like they were built in the same factory as they were identical. I suppose there's a chance that $425 hitch was built there, too. ;-)

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
If you already have implements run by PTO some quick hitch setups might add 4” to the length of your two lower arms and the shafts may be too short. Rare occurrence but some have reported having to buy and cut new shafts.

I personally do not use any type of quick hitch. I prefer to have a tractor for each implement! :)

kubotajay

Equipment
Mar 2, 2019
Midwest
Well the dealership made everything right. I ended up getting a qh15 quick hitch that i paid 425.00 for. Thought it was a little pricey compared to the harbor freight on for 99.00. Saw the one at harbor freight after my purchase of the land pride and really didn't see a difference. Glad i went with the land pride because ill be purchasing all land pride equipment since they are made in my home state!I am very happy with coleman equipment, just wish they were my local dealer so i don't have to drive so far.When you purchase a kubota, i would recommend doing a lot of pricing from different dealers, as i saved 4800.00 by driving 65 miles! And yes, same equipment!!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
congrats man. They are little workhorses.

I only have two complaints, the hydro whine and the useless cup holder...unless you can find a cup that won't spill its contents in it!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
congrats man. They are little workhorses.

I only have two complaints, the hydro whine and the useless cup holder...unless you can find a cup that won't spill its contents in it!
I'm using my 2650 cup holder to hang a hammer on the slot in its side. Often need a hammer to tap loose or tighten pins, pop out bust shear bolts, etc., but standard hammer handle won't fit in toolbox. It has never fallen out or come loose from the cup holder, and its right out of the way.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
...I only have two complaints, the hydro whine and the useless cup holder...unless you can find a cup that won't spill its contents in it!
Copco 2510-0437 Minimus Double Wall Insulated Tumbler with Removable Straw, 24-Ounce, Chevron Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QZ5D1HS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_orAHCbWPP1RR0

That's my tractorin' tumbler. Holds 24 ounces of general enhancer, keeps most of the dirt and bugs out and fits great in both the mower and tractor cup holders. Cheers!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA