Kubota L2002 3 pt hitch

Gunman71670

Jul 17, 2018
Orange springs Florida USA
Hi, New to the forum. Could use some help. I have an L2002. The hydraulics for the 3 pt hitch will not raise. I’ve drained all the old fluid and replaced with new put a new filter on and still nothing. The motor oil is not any higher, so it’s not draining into the engine. I can’t seem to find a metal screen filter. Although if I manually lift the 3 pt hitch it will stay where I lift it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Do you know if the pump is actually primed and pumping? Was it working prior to oil change? Is the control lever rotating the valve shaft?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you can manually lift the three point and it will stay up then you have Issues.
Does it still stay up if you then put some weight on it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My point is that you should not be able to manually raise the three point and have it stay up, that's just not right.

Does it have a Knob under the seat facing forward?
If it does give that knob a turn and see if the three point operation returns.

Your probably going to have to post some pictures of the three point setup and the controls, as some of the grey market models have different controls than the non grey models.

Gunman71670

Jul 17, 2018
Orange springs Florida USA
If I lift the arms manually and and raise the control at the same time it will lift the arms and hold them. It’s as if there’s a fluid restriction. The knob has been turned in both directions and it will hold the hydraulics if I shut it off. It has the normal hydraulics as the units have that’s sold in the United States. Yes it is a Gray Market Kubota but what most don’t understand is Kubota is Japanese. It came off the same line as the ones sold here but the metal work is different. Mechanically they are the same. Sorry for the rant but I’ve read every post here and I haven’t found anything like that. The closest I can come is if I rev up the engine it goes up very very slow.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
How long have you owned the tractor? Did it work previously? Do you have any accessories that tap into the tractor's hydraulics?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If I lift the arms manually and and raise the control at the same time it will lift the arms and hold them. It’s as if there’s a fluid restriction. The knob has been turned in both directions and it will hold the hydraulics if I shut it off. It has the normal hydraulics as the units have that’s sold in the United States. Yes it is a Gray Market Kubota but what most don’t understand is Kubota is Japanese. It came off the same line as the ones sold here but the metal work is different. Mechanically they are the same. Sorry for the rant but I’ve read every post here and I haven’t found anything like that. The closest I can come is if I rev up the engine it goes up very very slow.
I'm completely aware of the differences and the non differences, of grey and non grey.
Check the feed back linkage, I would like to be able to tell you how to adjust it, but I don't know what valve you have.
And like shootem604 points out, if someone has altered the hydraulics in anyway, that could be causing your problems.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post some pictures of the three point control valve, or at least the linkage and the linkage attached to the upper three point arms.
From there I should be able to point you in the right direction.

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Hi all I'm pretty sure I just bought this tractor.
It seems to work well except for the 3 pt.
I'll see if I can't get a picture or two posted of the areas asked about.

Regards

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
Okay so if I run the tractor I can manually lift the hitch and it stays up a little but not much, and using the control I can drop it about an inch maybe 2?

I can manually lift the hitch and tighten the knob under the seat to keep it up.

The previous owner changed the fluid out and I believe changed the screw on filter I couldn't find any spot for the filter screen that is talked about. I know these are the daedong transmission so I'm guessing it is possible that there is no screen?

Any help would be much appreciated .

I understand the concept of hydraulics but have never worked with them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you'll need to rebuild the three point cylinder. ;)

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
I read that the L2002 is roughly equivalent to the L275 in the US at least they have the same engine.
I assume I need some sort of rebuild kit.
Although I also read that the 02 series were a joint venture turned bad between Deadong and Kubota. A venture where Daedong built the transmission and as the 3pt cylinder sets on top of the transmission is it likely that the L275 kit will work with this tractor? If not any direction about how to track down the correct kit?

ndenahan

Equipment
L2002
Sep 1, 2018
Gainesville, FL
I've done a little looking around seems like I can take the piston to a hydraulic shop and have them find the right o-rings and rings if needs be.

If I'm pulling the top of the transmission / 3 pt system off. is there anything that I should consider doing as a while I'm there kind of repair?

Thanks