L47 TLB underrated lift?

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
so I'm presently looking at upgrading to a TLB, either the L47 or the M62. I know the M62 will do it, will an L47 with the backhoe on pick up a pallet of concrete? I know what the specs say, which is not quite. basically I usually pick up a pallet of concrete in my truck from time to time for various projects and or work. rough weight is about 3400 lbs. I have 4k lb capacity forks, but will the L47 conceivably pick it up, at least enough I can drive the truck out from under it (ram 3500 dually)
this is by far the heaviest it will have to deal with, but the cost to go to a 62 is tremendous, granted capabilites are massive improvements, but that doesn't make that $ easier to handle. I've decided on this as opposed to keeping my tractor and adding an excavator and skid steer later, I just can't justify the need to use 3 different machines/maintain/store/insure etc.
L47 at pivot is 2848 per specs.
M62 at pivot is 3960 per specs.
Thanks.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
... will an L47 with the backhoe on pick up a pallet of concrete.... rough weight is about 3400 lbs.
L47 at pivot is 2848 per specs.
So that's a nope by me!
And that's pivot not 2ft out

Last edited:

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
reason I say this is someone I heard said the relief pressures, which on these are variable, are set low and can be considerably turned up.
I looked at the owners manual and attached the following page for you. If you look at lines "V" and "X", you need notice the part about being 20 inches in front of the pins. The lift capacity drops a lot. Line "X" is at 59 inches off the ground, so semi close to what you are talking about, and it is rated at 2716 pounds. That is far short of what is needed, especially since you need to account for the weight of the forks. I would suspect you couldn't increase the hydraulic pressure enough to make up for that difference, without having a good chance of breaking something. Just my 2 cents....

PS: I am assuming it has the TL1300 loader. If that is not the case, then ignore this. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
okay, well, for the cost involved in going to a 62, which would probably do it, but be close on specs, I'm thinking it's going to be easier for me to just put a backhoe on existing tractor and get a skid steer. if it has a tipping load of 5000 lbs, do you think that would be more than enough, or not enough? looking at a LS180 or a deer 326d, if I have to I'll go track and get a cat 287b or larger....would prefer to keep the skid at or under 8k lbs though.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
okay, well, for the cost involved in going to a 62, which would probably do it, but be close on specs, I'm thinking it's going to be easier for me to just put a backhoe on existing tractor and get a skid steer. if it has a tipping load of 5000 lbs, do you think that would be more than enough, or not enough? looking at a LS180 or a deer 326d, if I have to I'll go track and get a cat 287b or larger....would prefer to keep the skid at or under 8k lbs though.
Sorry, I don't know anything about skid steer loaders. It would just be whatever I read and could guess to what it may/may not do. Hopefully someone else knows more about them than I do. :)