D-323; I'd like to know if

Ric W

Mar 23, 2010
Roanoke, VA
D-323; I'd like to know if there are any differances in a ZD-323 mower delivered to the dealer in Dec 09 or one delivered Feb 2010 ?
Anyone know of any specific problems with the ZD-323?
I'm getting ready to purchace one.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
D-323; I'd like to know if there are any differances in a ZD-323 mower delivered to the dealer in Dec 09 or one delivered Feb 2010 ?
Anyone know of any specific problems with the ZD-323?
I'm getting ready to purchace one.
Since nobody has responded in the past two days I 'd guess there are no outstanding known problems.

Have you come up with any of the answers to your question and have you already purchased the mower?

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't no for sure about that particular model but you may want to look at this. Don't get me wrong, I love my Kubota pruducts but they are lacking in my opinion in a few spots and lead the pack in others. I think the hyd lift is nice but not a must. The jack system is a great feature for maintaining the blades. The diesel engine is the best. If you compair a Scag to a Kubota you will see where they are lacking. The cutting height adjustment on the Scag is easier to fine tune. The deck on the Scag is thicker all over by almost double and about tripple at the spindles. The spindles on the Kubota are made out of aluminum (unless they have finally upgraded) and they are steel on the Scag. The cutting speed on the Scag is higher also. You have to go with gas on the Scag unless you get big mower and then it comes with a Turbo diesel Briggs. If a person could take a Scag mower and then drop a Kubota engine on it then you would have the ultimate mower. If you go to my local Scag dealer it looks like as parts warehouse. They keep enough spare parts to supply a army. I have been to just about every Kubota dealer within 200 miles of home and never seen a parts deparment that would compair. If I was using it every day as bad as I hate to say it if I bought another mower it wouldn't be orange. Ouch!!!!!! That hurts.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm right there with you on that Bulldog. Scag just builds a bigger meanier mower then Kubota and most others for that fact. Pound for pound dollar for dollar a Scag is the better way to go. Just the general weight of the Scag is alot heavyer then other brands. Which tells me there alot of steel and heavy duty parts on that bad boy. Equipment really is a hit or miss market. I own a Kubota for dirt work and a Toro Proline walkbehind for grass work and a Sthil leaf blower and weed wacker for clean up work. And you bet your ass if I had the money a Scag would be in the line up for grass work as well.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My brother and I did a lot of research on them and Scag just does a better job on their mowers. Like I told him though, it's hard to be perfect in everything. I'm sure the Kubota mower would do a good job but it just isn't the best in this case. Oh well, can't win them all.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Kubota is the LEADER as far as Im concerened in the compact and mid size tractor market. They need to stick with that market and excell in that field. And you cant beat the fact that Kubota builds one of the best utility diesel's for equipment in other markets. If I remember correctly I think you can get a Kubota diesel in a Bobcat skid steer for one example.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You are correct on the bobcat. They make several models with a Kubota engine. I believe the 700 series machines are all Kubota powered. A mechanic at our local bobcat dealer told me that the rings could be left out of the 743 series and they would still run fine just burn a little oil. He claimed they were that tight. It sounds good anyway.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
At my work they got a new transition deck. It's a pretty big thing that up to four big rigs back up to and remove preloaded containors loaded with freight. Form the deck the frieght is moved over to a loader that puts it in an airplane.

The day it arrived I thought my luck was on the up and up. It has a brand new Kubota engine powering it! The engine looks exactly like the ones in our tractors and I figured I had a great "cheap" supply source.

As I was looking the engine ove I noticed spark plugs were the injectors should be. The damn thing is gas powered :(

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey take some pictures of that loading dock. Got me rather curious as a trucker
Ok, I'll get them tomorrow. The flights they use it on are gone now and it's not being used. I figure it's better to have pic's of it in action so it will be some time in the evening.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think I have an idea of what it is. I've hauled those connex box sea containers into airports before but it was years ago and a small airport.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I think I have an idea of what it is. I've hauled those connex box sea containers into airports before but it was years ago and a small airport.
It's pretty much a large rectangular deck on wheels. It's not movable on it's own so they hook a small tug up and move it into position.
From there the little gas Kubota engine runs a generator and hydro pump. Stabilizers come down to steady it and the gererator runs lights for working at night. As trucks back up to the deck the operator can raise or lower the deck to match the required height of the lower surace of the trailer. Otherwise they would never be able to pull the containers out.
The surface of the deck has tons of rollars so they can move the containers any which ever way they need to.

Scott

Last edited: