Front end loader problem

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I have a 2011 kubota MX5100 HST 4wd. I have a front end loader on it. Most of the time the front end loader works perfectly, but about 10% of the time it slows down to a crawl. The bucket dumps and curls normal all the time, it only effects the arm. It still has normal power, just very slow. Now the weird part, when it is running slow if I move the lever to corner positions (ie to dump and lift at the same time) the arm moves at normal speed. But when operating just the arm, it moves slow. Here is a video of my problem, thanks in advance for any ideas. I brought it in and of course it never messed up for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqtDqeqbJQw&feature=youtu.be

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Have you ever taken the loader off and the stuck it back on? I'm leaning towards the hydraulic lines could be crossed. Double check the lines on the couplers.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Have you ever taken the loader off and the stuck it back on? I'm leaning towards the hydraulic lines could be crossed. Double check the lines on the couplers.
No never taken it off, and sometimes it works just fine. I did disconnect the lines and reconnect them, but it works fine most of the time. All the colors on the lines match up. Filter and fluids are less than 100 hours old, and the fluid is clear. Never had any other hydraulic equipment hooked to the tractor. I bought it brand new, so no other owners.

I brought it to the dealer, and will bring it back again next week. They are not sure what it could be. They told me they will rebuild the valve when I bring it in. They did test everything and nothing leaked.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well Sir that has me stumped! I can't think of another owner on here with an MX5100 to check with. Unless at this point it just needs to work air out of the line and get the bubbles out.

What did the suction screen look like when you did the fuild change? Maybe shavings and gunk are clogging it up if its the first fuild change from factory new.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Never looked at the suction screen, but all the other hydraulics work fine. It has 2 hydraulic filters, and both where changed and neither had any debris in them. I don't think it is air, because the bucket and the arms use the same pressure line, and the bucket always works perfectly.

It also has full power even when slow, so I don't believe it is a pressure problem, but it is a flow problem.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
W E I R D... I don't know what to tell you boss, I'm just shooting in the dark and passing along ideas. Maybe somebody else on here may know or see what the dealer has to say.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
W E I R D... I don't know what to tell you boss, I'm just shooting in the dark and passing along ideas. Maybe somebody else on here may know or see what the dealer has to say.
Thanks man, I am looking for ideas. Dealer is stumped. They are going to rebuild the valve next week if they cant figure out anything else.

bweeden

Equipment
BX23
Oct 20, 2012
Barrington NH
Did you check the FEL spool where the handle attaches? I had problems with the lockout affecting the throw of the spool intermittently

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Did you check the FEL spool where the handle attaches? I had problems with the lockout affecting the throw of the spool intermittently
Not sure what you are referring to. Are you talking about the thing that locks the control stick in one position so it can't be moved? If so that is not the problem, the stick has full travel.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We need some more pictures on this project you know,, I for one and really interested to see it,,just remember one step one day

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Moved everything out of the greenhouse and set it up in the yard.

This is where it was.

And now.

Thanks to the kubota, what a great way to move a garden around.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Is your 3pt bypassing at the top of its stroke? Check that, otherwise there is a problem in the valve or linkage.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Sorry to hear that your orange friend has a problem. I hope your dealer will fix it.
I will visit the States in Summer 2014 and cruise a little bit around. Maybe you are "onshore" in east Texas, I could drive by and inspect your status of independance :D
I hope your project is doing fine and you still have fun with it.

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Sorry to hear that your orange friend has a problem. I hope your dealer will fix it.
I will visit the States in Summer 2014 and cruise a little bit around. Maybe you are "onshore" in east Texas, I could drive by and inspect your status of independance :D
I hope your project is doing fine and you still have fun with it.

carl
Cool, let me know when you are near. Would really like to meet you. If I am at work, I just might have to be sick.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have not noticed anything with the 3pt, but I am not sure what you are asking.

Thanks
If your 3pt is bypassing oil at the top of its stroke it will limit oil flow to the loader. Just move the 3pt down from the top position 2-3 inches and that will eliminate that potential problem. It likely is not the case but should be eliminated just in case.:D