ZD21 lift arm won’t lower

kchirnside

Equipment
Kubota ZD21
May 11, 2024
Ohio
I removed the mowing deck, and a video I watched, told me to raise the rear lift arms to get them out of the way to slide the deck out. Now I can’t get the lift arms to lower. I’ve tried to adjust the cutting length so it won’t be stuck in the up position. I can’t raise the deck on a jack up to the lift arm because they are too high and the deck is hitting something underneath the mower. I’m able to start the mower to try to lower the lift arm but nothing seems to work. Is there a safety mechanism in place that I need to bypass??

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
With the engine off I just push the lever to lower and then push the arms down by hand. Just did this yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user

kchirnside

Equipment
Kubota ZD21
May 11, 2024
Ohio
With the engine off I just push the lever to lower and then push the arms down by hand. Just did this yesterday.
Thanks, I tried that earlier but I think the driveshaft was still disconnected and maybe that had something to do with it bc it wouldn’t lower. Not sure if driveshaft is the proper nomenclature. But it works now. Thanks for the fast and correct response!!! I have a feeling I’ll be using this site a lot now.