What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
Got the tractor back up the hill with my friend's help (and his ATV). Just pulled very gently and after a few feet of help, the tractor climbed the rest effortlessly.

Pulled the FEL today to try out the MMM since the grass grew just enough to be able to actually see where I cut. It cuts really nicely and the tractor is a whole different animal without the loader - super maneuverable. I also found that I don't think I need wheel spacers. The rear tires are loaded with beet juice. I tried cutting some of the slopes that I cut with my old x500 (maybe 15 degrees sideways) and the stability felt really similar. I got off a few times as I gradually got to steeper inclines and gently rocked it and it's firmly planted.

I do need to practice reconnecting the FEL more, though. I had a heck of a time lining up the left side. I'd get the bottom to hook, then as I curled the bucket to get the top to hook the right side went fine but the left side would pop the bottom out. Just as I was going to walk away and try again later, I looked and it was in position, I locked it, and it was good to go. First time I removed and remounted it as a test, I didn't struggle nearly as much. I'm wondering if it's because my garage floor has a slight slope to a center drain and previously I did it on a totally flat concrete pad under a canopy out back.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
There was a plow furrow left between our two lots. I started leveling it last year but ran out of fill. My fence line cleanup gave me the fill and I started moving it today.

20240425_161233.jpg

20240425_185529.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
welp, did my last job for the plumbing company today. The company was sold and my wife (GM) will not be working for the new owner...so neither will I.

View attachment 126957

I had a good time doing the work, very enjoyable digging for me. So, I suppose I'll need to branch out more for the mini to earn its keep.
I hae
There was a plow furrow left between our two lots. I started leveling it last year but ran out of fill. My fence line cleanup gave me the fill and I started moving it today.

View attachment 127011
View attachment 127012
At first glance I thought you were under attack from a bunch of little Yodas. 😂 What's in the box?! I mean, what's in the sacks?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I hae

At first glance I thought you were under attack from a bunch of little Yodas. 😂 What's in the box?! I mean, what's in the sacks?
Blue spruce. We planted them last year and the garden center suggested wrapping them for the first couple winters until the roots get established.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Blue spruce. We planted them last year and the garden center suggested wrapping them for the first couple winters until the roots get established.
Nice! Those will look amazing in a few years.

I typically buy a spruce in a bucket around Christmas, put it out on the deck and decorate it (outdoor Christmas tree) then plant it in the spring. I have a couple of nice ones that did well and one went from 4ft to 9ft in four or five years. We see about 12" per year of growth at the most for firs, spruce, pine, etc. What sort of growth rate do you see in your area?

I have hundreds of trees on my property, but mostly in one corner. Luckily the fir trees are quite happy and don't need my help with their agenda to re-populate the entire property.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
welp, did my last job for the plumbing company today. The company was sold and my wife (GM) will not be working for the new owner...so neither will I.

View attachment 126957

I had a good time doing the work, very enjoyable digging for me. So, I suppose I'll need to branch out more for the mini to earn its keep.
Will miss your pictorials of your underground plumbing adventures. Hope you pick up something at least as lucrative and interesting.

Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice! Those will look amazing in a few years.

I typically buy a spruce in a bucket around Christmas, put it out on the deck and decorate it (outdoor Christmas tree) then plant it in the spring. I have a couple of nice ones that did well and one went from 4ft to 9ft in four or five years. We see about 12" per year of growth at the most for firs, spruce, pine, etc. What sort of growth rate do you see in your area?

I have hundreds of trees on my property, but mostly in one corner. Luckily the fir trees are quite happy and don't need my help with their agenda to re-populate the entire property.
Average growth would be 12-18" per year. I'd love to have two rows of them all the way around the property but that isn't in the budget. My goal is to get at least a 100 trees planted a year for the next five years.

Sawburner

Equipment
L2501, Gravely 526
Dec 18, 2022
NY
We have bought trees and shrubs from alphanurseries.com for a couple years and have a good survival rate. They ship bare root and have several different size plants, they do have a minimum order, we order with our two son in laws. Very reasonably priced.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX

View attachment 126957

Gonna miss your posts. Always like to see how others do things.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
For a hack, I am pretty excited about what I got done on my B2620 TLB today. I need covered storage for a variety of trailers, tractor implements, and a bunch of other stuff. Plans for a container box pole barn got derailed by a host of issues so I have backburned that project and will erect a 20x30 carport structure for a tenth of the cost of the pole barn. So I cleared a wooded section of the property to get ready for the carport. I still need to so some boxscraping to get it a bit more level and then spread some gravel.

Here is what it looked like at the start

View attachment 127006

And this is what I ended up with

View attachment 127004
View attachment 127005

And here is some of the in-progress shots
View attachment 127007
View attachment 127008
View attachment 127009
View attachment 127010

I learned alot and got much faster near the end. It is impressive what one can do with a compact tractor!
Good job.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Average growth would be 12-18" per year. I'd love to have two rows of them all the way around the property but that isn't in the budget. My goal is to get at least a 100 trees planted a year for the next five years.
I did that starting about 15 years ago( I think ). I put in Norway spruce, 100/yr., for 5 or 6 years. Purchased from the county soil conservation district. All of our Blue Spruce in this area (Northern Michigan) are dying. They are quite large and doing well. I was attempting to block road noise more than anything. Thinking about it now it could be closer to 20 years, lol. I think Norways grow about twice as fast as Blue Spruce.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I did that starting about 15 years ago( I think ). I put in Norway spruce, 100/yr., for 5 or 6 years. Purchased from the county soil conservation district. All of our Blue Spruce in this area (Northern Michigan) are dying. They are quite large and doing well. I was attempting to block road noise more than anything. Thinking about it now it could be closer to 20 years, lol. I think Norways grow about twice as fast as Blue Spruce.
I don't recall exactly what variety mine are. There is an issue here as well with the blues, a fungus maybe. Apparently you can spray for it.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Picked up a Landpride 60" soil pulverizer from a customer tonight. We're trading some work and I'm going to use it to level our adjoining lot. The grass died off over the winter and there are a lot of ruts so I'm hoping this will do the trick.