Upgrading tractor and grapple

emac

Equipment
L3600, ZD1211, ZG20, ZD331, KX-057-4
Sep 13, 2021
SC
The time has come. I am going to add a new tractor to the stable. My old L3600 is still going strong but I am looking at a MX6000 with cab. It seems about the same size and has about 60hp compared to 39hp.

Anyone else make this jump?

I am going to keep the L3600 at the house and use the mx at the land. I need a new grapple for the MX and it seems Everything attachments is no more. I have their wicked root rake and it has been great. We use it for everything. Digging out roots, clearing, picking up brush, etc. We have abused the thing and it has held up well. I really like its design, and am looking for something similar.

What grapple would you recommend? Titan? I cant find a lot of people disappointed in the MX6000. Crazy to think what a new tractor cost, compared to the 11k I spent on my L3600 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The time has come. I am going to add a new tractor to the stable. My old L3600 is still going strong but I am looking at a MX6000 with cab. It seems about the same size and has about 60hp compared to 39hp.

Anyone else make this jump?

I am going to keep the L3600 at the house and use the mx at the land. I need a new grapple for the MX and it seems Everything attachments is no more. I have their wicked root rake and it has been great. We use it for everything. Digging out roots, clearing, picking up brush, etc. We have abused the thing and it has held up well. I really like its design, and am looking for something similar.

What grapple would you recommend? Titan? I cant find a lot of people disappointed in the MX6000. Crazy to think what a new tractor cost, compared to the 11k I spent on my L3600 years ago.
Good day.

I am very biased, but what would there be to be disappointed about with a MX? I did not start with as large a machine as your L. But to me, the jump from B to MX was noticeable / significant. If you want HST in tractor that size from orange, I am not aware of another option unless wanting a Grand L unless looked at a M62 maybe (construction machine). Its not an M but it’s knocking on the door IMO. I think in that size MX is a value buy. If looking for latest features I think the GL would be the choice.

if your pockets are deep, I’d recommend making an extremely ridiculous (high) offer on my like new mint condition limited EA grapple 😉 (I received it in OCT not used yet…hopefully will see service this summer - I bought ahead of scheduled work for CY2024). If I did not have that I’d give MTL a look. Catawba looks similar but I have no personal experience with them other than they are responsive / helpful via email. Maybe worth a look. WR Long and Land Pride maybe? When I went with EA I could not afford the LP model…their price was crazy for a long bottom style.

happy shopping for the MX6000. I’ve had positive experience with mine. I have open station and to me only thing I think it could use is tilt steering. If you like Kubota, want machine that size in HST, and the features of the large Ls not a priority, its the choice. Depends on your use case I think. Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users