Tooth bar with forks

Fleshwound

Equipment
L3302
Apr 23, 2024
Idaho
I’ve had my 3302 for about a month. The cutting edge was on backorder, but I finally got it yesterday. Now I want to add a tooth bar, some forks. And some hooks. I like the looks of the piranha but it only looks like you can put forks towards the side of the bucket. I could be wrong about this. That’s why I’m asking. Is the piranha tooth bar that much better than the old style? Also my new bucket with cutting edge has a quarter inch bow in the bottom of it. I haven’t had the best service so far on this tractor. So maybe I’m being a little picky. Thanks in advance. Also has anybody had any bad luck with these hook plates with the rings and receiver on it.

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If your bucket has a bend in the bottom edge the dealer should replace it. It should sit level and if it doesn't then let the dealer know. You wouldn't accept a defect like that if you spent money on a new car, so why would you with a new tractor? If I had a bend in my bucket and it was used, I would fix it. If it were new, I would tell the dealer that I wanted a new bucket. That bend isn't going to go away or get any better, but it could get worse.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Assuming you have SSQA, consider buying 'pallet forks'. SSQa allows you to change between bucket and forks in seconds and everyone who has forks RAVES about how useful they are. In the past 5 years , +- 1000hrs ,it's split about 50/50 between bucket and forks.
BTW there is a bad visual problem with forks on a bucket.

Fleshwound

Equipment
L3302
Apr 23, 2024
Idaho
Assuming you have SSQA, consider buying 'pallet forks'. SSQa allows you to change between bucket and forks in seconds and everyone who has forks RAVES about how useful they are. In the past 5 years , +- 1000hrs ,it's split about 50/50 between bucket and forks.
BTW there is a bad visual problem with forks on a bucket.
The bucket is a L2248

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I like the looks of the piranha but it only looks like you can put forks towards the side of the bucket. I could be wrong about this. That’s why I’m asking. Is the piranha tooth bar that much better than the old style?
I take it you are comparing the "old" tooth bar to the newer style? IF so - I cannot imagine it being twice as good - the price is almost twice!!

As for forks - I have the old style on my BX and I added forks - I did not want tight forks, so I did find they fit well near the outer limits of the bucket edge.

2024-03-31 18.16.08.jpg

Reactions: 1 user