Third function for B2601/LA435

vonkarmen

Equipment
B2601
Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
I'm trying to decide between a few third function options for my machine, and looking for anyone who has feedback or experience, specifically with the summit hydraulics kit. These are the options I'm looking at:

b1672 from Messicks $1062 (plus shipping)
this is the official Kubota kit for the LA435 and is probably the cleanest option

380-354A from my local dealer $1081
the land pride kit, updated for the LA435 which moves the solenoid assembly down to near the same location as the b1672 kit, which seems like a pretty nice change. Seems like a pretty nice kit, although it's priced a few dollars higher than the b1672 from Messicks, just saves on shipping cost.

and then the wildcard..
FR3-K4 from Summit Hydraulics $1250
this is a front and rear kit, two rear remotes as well as the third function, and the attractiveness of this kit is that it's priced really close to the other two but you also get the rear remotes. My biggest concern with this kit is the overall fitup and it's 'bolted on' kind of installation seemingly not as tailored to the machine as the other two. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or any thoughts on these options?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I’ve got the Land Pride 380-152A on my L. I like it. No 3rd function on my B.

The cleanest install will be the one you personally install, because no one else will care as much as you do about your equipment.

If you’re pretty sure you’ll use the rear remotes, the Summit kit sounds good. A bit of time and effort, it could look better than a factory (meaning dealer) install, I’m sure of that.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I have installed 2 summit kits, one on a LX and on a MX. Very straight forward. The only concern about the rear remotes is they are electronic controlled valves, think off or on, no real feathering them if that will matter.

The kit from kubota “should” have hard lines that run down the boom. They look a bit cleaner compared to hoses.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just some observations:

People have expressed concern over the under tractor location exposing the valve to possible damage.

The B1672 kit does not include hard lines.

Screenshot_20240319_145918_Chrome.jpg

As has been pointed out electric valves are all or none. No way to control cylinder speed.

The basic Summit 3rd function kit is an ugly wart on the loader post but its easy to install and by far the least expensive.

I believe Kubota offers a true OEM rear remote kit for the B2601

Dan

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Just some observations:

People have expressed concern over the under tractor location exposing the valve to possible damage.

View attachment 124571

As has been pointed out electric valves are all or none. No way to control cylinder speed.

The basic Summit 3rd function kit is an ugly wart on the loader post but its easy to install and by far the least expensive.

Dan
Also looks like the Kubota kit takes the hydro lines under the tractor from the right side to the left side. I’d do a hard pass on that myself.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Just some observations:

View attachment 124571

Dan
So strange that some Kubota kits have hard lines and some don’t. Thanks for clearing that up.

trikepilot

Equipment
B2620HSD w/ LA364 BH65, 48in Bush Hog, Bush Hog rear blade, Woods 5ft Box Blade
Jul 18, 2020
Hardy, VA
this is a front and rear kit, two rear remotes as well as the third function, and the attractiveness of this kit is that it's priced really close to the other two but you also get the rear remotes. My biggest concern with this kit is the overall fitup and it's 'bolted on' kind of installation seemingly not as tailored to the machine as the other two. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or any thoughts on these options?
I too am looking at a similar Summit kit for my B2620. I want a rear remote kit for a hydraulic top link as I spend alot of time box scraping a 0.6mile gravel driveway and want to be able to adjust the angle of the blade from the seat. Buying a rear only remote is only slightly less expensive than buying a front/rear from Summit and then I will be able to someday run a front pivot blade or grapple if so desired. I will be watching this thread to see what happens.

I do have a question about the "off/on with no feathering" comments I hear about the rear remotes from summit. I need the rear remote to change the top link length in small increments so I can change the pitch of the box blade as I grade the driveway. I assume that if I toggle the switch from on to off in rapid succession I can make smallish incremental changes to suit my box blading needs?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I too am looking at a similar Summit kit for my B2620. I want a rear remote kit for a hydraulic top link as I spend alot of time box scraping a 0.6mile gravel driveway and want to be able to adjust the angle of the blade from the seat. Buying a rear only remote is only slightly less expensive than buying a front/rear from Summit and then I will be able to someday run a front pivot blade or grapple if so desired. I will be watching this thread to see what happens.

I do have a question about the "off/on with no feathering" comments I hear about the rear remotes from summit. I need the rear remote to change the top link length in small increments so I can change the pitch of the box blade as I grade the driveway. I assume that if I toggle the switch from on to off in rapid succession I can make smallish incremental changes to suit my box blading needs?
That depends on the rate of oil flow going through the system when you hit the switch. You can try it and see but if you want real metering control use mechanical valves.

Dsn