Suitcase weights on lx3310

BKS

Equipment
Lx3310 cab, loader, forks, 60” grapple, 72” and 60” mmm Tym T433 cab, 72” bush
Apr 27, 2024
Danville iowa
Lx 3310 question. Anybody have suitcase weights directly on the frame up front or do you need a bracket first, then put the weights on that? It sure likes like 3 could hang on the frame now.. it has three holes drilled in the back of the frame just like the weights do to bolt them down. I’m gonna try to see if it will work this weekend.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Lx 3310 question. Anybody have suitcase weights directly on the frame up front or do you need a bracket first, then put the weights on that? It sure likes like 3 could hang on the frame now.. it has three holes drilled in the back of the frame just like the weights do to bolt them down. I’m gonna try to see if it will work this weekend.
Will the loader clear them?

BKS

Equipment
Apr 27, 2024
Danville iowa
Will the loader clear them?
Not sure on that. I’ve dropped the loader. I’m just running the mmm on hilly terrain and just looking for a little more stability. I can’t run back wheel spacers because they will hit the back deck wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

BKS

Equipment
Apr 27, 2024
Danville iowa
They bolt right up. Someone said the manual says they would fit but didn’t. I had to put the heads of the bolts on the inside and the nuts to the outside on the grill guard. That gave me the clearance for the outside weight to bolt right up.

Attachments

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I used suitcase weights on my B3350, since sold.

Despite the Operator's Manual clearing stating that 3 suitcase weights can be added to the front frame of a B3350 without a separate weight bracket, as is possible on the 2650, 2610, etc., this CANNOT be done because the hood is longer on the 4-cylinder version and the cross member with bolt holes necessary to secure the weights is missing. Have not checked any of the 4-cylinder LX versions but suggest that you do so.

Kubota offers a front weight bracket that accepts up to 5 front suitcase weights. This is the arrangement that I used on my B3350. Weights, bracket and hardware cost a bundle.

Despite how front weights are mounted, both weights and bracket must be removed to install a FEL. This was not a serious issue for me as I always remove FELs in the spring before installing mowers and do not remove and reinstall FELS until after mowing season. Accordingly, I remove/install front weights only twice each year, which is a bit of a PITA but manageable.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
They bolt right up. Someone said the manual says they would fit but didn’t. I had to put the heads of the bolts on the inside and the nuts to the outside on the grill guard. That gave me the clearance for the outside weight to bolt right up.
Cool! I have eight 102lb weights on the front of my M6060 but had to buy a bracket from the local dealer. He sold it to me at cost since it had been laying around in a storage unit for years. I plan on modifying the bracket so that I can add the remaining two weights that I have.