Rock removal implement for B2601

ScarsNStripes

Equipment
B2601, box blade, pallet forks, mower deck, quick attach hitch
May 12, 2024
Wausau, WI
I'm doing a relatively small scale landscaping project to install a lawn at my new house, approximately 3/4 acre. I've got the B2601 with quick attach and the usual bucket, plus a box blade that has been a tremendous help in grading the lot out appropriately to manage drainage etc. My builder did initially bring in about half of the black dirt I needed but it is riddled with smooth stone in sizes as small as 1" and up. I've also got some fairly large granite chunks in the back yard where I had to dig down into the original substrate of the property where there was no sand or fill brought in by the builder.

I've been looking around online a bit for rock buckets but its a bit tough to find a model that would be specifically suited for this tractor. The only one I've found so far is this one:

Does Land Pride make one for our tractors with a 2" tine spacing or are there other models you guys would suggest? I'd prefer to find one locally, avoid paying large shipping fees for a heavy implement.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
also maybe try 'stone bucket' ?
what you post won't work for you, as it allows 2 1/2" and smaller rocks back into your soil
I was going to make one from that industrial steel step material has 1 x 2" holes in it, so everything bigger than 1" gets removed.

Hmm...you could ADD a 1by1 mesh to it ,as a false floor, screen.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Why wouldn't you simply use a landscape rake? That's what they do. You could likely just rent one if you didn't want to buy it.

They are pretty common sale items in craigslist and fb marketplace.

Reactions: 1 user

ScarsNStripes

Equipment
May 12, 2024
Wausau, WI
Why wouldn't you simply use a landscape rake? That's what they do. You could likely just rent one if you didn't want to buy it.

They are pretty common sale items in craigslist and fb marketplace.
For sure, I've definitely scanned marketplace and even checked the local rentals around here but I haven't seen any to rent at least. The ones currently on marketplace are priced ridiculously high, I could almost buy a new one for what these ppl want. :cautious:

I figured the rock bucket seemed a little more robust than the LR, I dunno? I suppose you're right though - I probably ought to try the LR first.

I do like the idea of adding a smaller screen of sorts to the bottom of the bucket. As I think of this though I'm concerned the dirt would clump and not sift through there fast enough but I guess I'd have to just wait for a period of time where it stays nice and dry. Its been raining here like every 3 days for the past month - of course this weather had to start right after I got my new tractor! :mad:

Edit: I did just call Sunbelt rentals and their website wasn't showing one but they do have it. Sounds like a 6 foot width model for 3 point hitch would be around $320 for a weekend. I feel like I could darn near buy one and resell and potentially get out better than that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I Hear ya. Nothing is cheap anymore. I've had mine for maybe 2 years, it ran about $1,500 with the gauge wheels from EA. I do think that you may expect to find some in the $800-$1,000 range for a new 6 footer from farm stores. The gauge wheels will add another $350-$400 if you wanted them.

My EA rake as it was received from shipping (rake turned to save space on pallet). You'd definitely want a 6 footer to cover your tracks when angled.

EA Rake 3.JPG

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have a 6' with wheels and a 5' LandPride without wheels and both are for sale. Unfortunately, I am too far away from you. I see quite a few available on Marketplace at reasonable prices. The bargains are snapped up quickly.

ScarsNStripes

Equipment
May 12, 2024
Wausau, WI
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Looks like I snoozed on a good local rake find for a decent price, but others may come along.

On another note - I've tried looking for power / Harley rake 3 point PTO run implements but it looks like my compact tractor will be too small to run these. I found a video on YT where the guy is running one on a L2501 so same engine and it looked to do a great job... But they're hard to find to rent!

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I Hear ya. Nothing is cheap anymore. I've had mine for maybe 2 years, it ran about $1,500 with the gauge wheels from EA. I do think that you may expect to find some in the $800-$1,000 range for a new 6 footer from farm stores. The gauge wheels will add another $350-$400 if you wanted them.

My EA rake as it was received from shipping (rake turned to save space on pallet). You'd definitely want a 6 footer to cover your tracks when angled.

View attachment 128287
EA made such great stuff!:)