Quick Hitch

BotaLoda

Equipment
BX2370, Loader w/tooth bar, MMM, sub soiler, 5' rake, rear ballast box, forks.
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Hi, I'm looking for a quick hitch that doesn't extend the lift arms. I was talking to a friend who says his mount vertically but I don't see any like that. He is 700 miles away and not computer literate so it could take some time to get his son to email some pics. My BX2370 just barely fits in its shed far enough to shut the doors. Does anyone know of this type of quick hitch that can show me pictures of them installed? Or a link to them.
Thanks in advance,
Tony

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade, Homemade Carry All
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
Hi, I'm looking for a quick hitch that doesn't extend the lift arms. I was talking to a friend who says his mount vertically but I don't see any like that. He is 700 miles away and not computer literate so it could take some time to get his son to email some pics. My BX2370 just barely fits in its shed far enough to shut the doors. Does anyone know of this type of quick hitch that can show me pictures of them installed? Or a link to them.
Thanks in advance,
Tony
Something like this?

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Thanks but no, that would still make it longer. From what he said, it's two pieces just like these:
But they mount on the lift arms vertically.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious..as to why you think you need a 'quick hitch' ? None of the 3 implements in your 'sidebar' seem difficult to attach. There seems to be an issue that not all implements will fit onto all quick hitches. Several here have had to modify their 3PH implements to fit QH. Hopefully you've researched this 'minor' issue ! Also beware QH units tend to NOT be CAT1-CAT1.

Interesting about the vertical configuration ! While it's shorter, there may be a 'range of height' problem depending on the implement ?

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
This is the style you're looking for:

Yes! He had his son send me pics and his might be a different brand but they are the same thing.
With them and adding what some places call a "stabilizer bar" (holds the arms apart to the width you want) seems as though it will make things much easier for me.

As too why I need them, hey, I'm getting older and things don't always move the way I'd want them. Even though they don't latch onto the pins, putting the pins in after the attachment isn't too big a deal. Yesterday attaching the york rake was a little challenge.
Also comparing the two, either his came with, or he swapped them to using hairpin clips to hold the locking pin in place.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
I hear you about 'older' issues , will be 71 in 3 dayze.....sigh.
Biggest help for 3PH stuff is a long,smooth,level concrete pad.
Next option, buy more tractors...one per implement.....:)

Reactions: 1 user

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
I hear you about 'older' issues , will be 71 in 3 dayze.....sigh.
Biggest help for 3PH stuff is a long,smooth,level concrete pad.
Next option, buy more tractors...one per implement.....:)
I'm younger but hurt like I'm older. I wish I had smooth level concrete, or anything that is smooth and level. I live on a mountain with lots of rocks. The FEL goes on and off in the shed which is only 10'x12' , the difference of two inches makes a big difference.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The quote below is from one of his purchasers. This would greatly concern me because if you have to force it on, you will need to force it off. I am not a believer of using a hammer to force products together to make them work. The fit and finish should be correct without needing to be "persuaded".

Work great but had to drive on with hammer for Kubota because of tight fit.

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
The quote below is from one of his purchasers. This would greatly concern me because if you have to force it on, you will need to force it off. I am not a believer of using a hammer to force products together to make them work. The fit and finish should be correct without needing to be "persuaded".
I'm going to order them. I'll let you know if they need persuading.
If I had a choice, I'd like them a little on the snug side rather than loose and wobbly.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Like a friend of mine once said: "Just buy a tractor for each implement. Changing implements is such a hassle". :cool:

Swiss Army knives are cool. But there's always a caveat.

Last edited:
  • Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
same here
BH's never been off my BX23S since new, 6 years ago. Loader only 3 times(krap weld, 2 coupler leaks)
Have dedicated riding snowblower, dedicated grass cutter.
had 4 identical 'farm tractors' and with SC system any implemet fit any tractor with ZERO readjustments.
NO such thing as a 'one-tractor-does-all'

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in profile-about)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Personally, the fewer engines I have to maintain the better.

Storage costs money to build, insure, and maintain, and keep critters out of. Batteries, engine oil, coolant, belts, and filters all need replacing due to age. Metal rusts, plastic embrittles. Depreciation costs.

Live minimally, we're all temporary.

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
I'll take them on the "old lady" side, loose and wobbly--that way they can pivot throughout the range of travel.
I was picturing the snug fit on the ball. Hopefully they won't limit any travel, THAT would be a problem!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'll take them on the "old lady" side, loose and wobbly--that way they can pivot throughout the range of travel.
I prefer them to be just loose enough to be slipped in and not so tight that you need to use additional lubricant to get them in.

• Haha

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
This is the style you're looking for:

I received them yesterday, gave them a quick try, and it's not looking good. As far as fit, they were tight until I ground down a couple of small weld tits on the tractor that were sticking up higher than the rest of the lift arms. They fit really sloppy. Then I took them off and inserted the schedule 80 1.5"? 3/8" of pvc pipe like it says in the instructions. This would be the piece of PVC they DON'T don't show on the ebay ad! Then they don't swivel like the ball would.
Now to actually try them, well my lift arms don't go down as far as I'd like to use these so I had to put another brick under the tounge of the york rake for them to line up. Still, I should have known I'd need a "stabilizer bar" across to hold the arms apart, so they still needed me to go help them into place.
Since they sit taller, I drove the rear wheels onto bricks and the rake still went low enough. It was late so before I take it off to mow the lawn today, I'll try to lower the rake at more of a tractor angle (down in front and up in the rear.
After I'm finished typing this, I'm going to send a note to the seller asking if I can return them even though they are already all scratched up. He takes returns but I don't know if he returns his shipping charge of $20.
I'd like to see pics of the various stabilizer bars any of you use to hold the arms apart. Although it sounds like these are two small piles of manure, a bar like that could make these worthwhile if the rest works out.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users