Pullin stuff

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yikes. Hate to hear that. Mine is just a 2wd so getting it low is paramount I see. Thanks for imput.
Fortunately....it didn't kill him. But it crushed his leg (femur broken in 3 places) and the tractor continued running for awhile with a rear tire scraping against his hip (lost some flesh there).

This was before the days of cell phones and the property he was working on (they had just bought) was remote. He was by himself and tried to pull what he thought was a fairly small stump by 'jerking' on it.

He was not an experienced tractor operator and had wrapped a chain around the rear axle housing. So naturally the tractor rotated about the axis of the axle and tipped over backwards.

He was nearly a year healing up from the incident and will walk with a limp all the rest of his life. Shame....since he only about 35 yrs. old when it happened.

You can imagine his wife's horror when she found him. She had to leave him there to call for help and 'help' wasn't able to get him out from under the tractor for nearly an hour he said. One moments 'mistake' proved life altering for him.....but at least it didn't kill him.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Where I'm at, coydogs are crossbreeds between yotes and domestic dogs...
Correct. a 'Coydog' is a cross as you describe. But living in 'Deep East Texas' I can tell you, folks are liable to call things most anything.

I see some 'possible' Coydogs on my property from time to time, though Coyotes can vary widely in stature and color here.

Coydog.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Correct. a 'Coydog' is a cross as you describe. But living in 'Deep East Texas' I can tell you, folks are liable to call things most anything.

I see some 'possible' Coydogs on my property from time to time, though Coyotes can vary widely in stature and color here.

View attachment 124631
The yotes we have here make the yotes I’ve seen in texas look like chihuahuas. They get pretty big around Southern Indiana. I have bobcats and plenty of yotes running my property. I hunt them quite often.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You're looking for a "fixed" draw bar. Here's a lesson for you to study. https://agriworldtime.com/what-is-a-drawbar-on-a-tractor/
That particular article provides a picture which establishes a questionable practice in use of drawbars. The article preferences a 3-pt hitch type of drawbar. The Problem with that is…. Unless a 3-pt hitch drawbar is equipped with a method to Prevent Hitch-Rise …which can bring the geometry above the axle…resulting in possible “back-flip” of the tractor.

A Fixed drawbar which is located Below the rear axle..and cannot ”rise”…. is safer.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That particular article provides a picture which establishes a questionable practice in use of drawbars. The article preferences a 3-pt hitch type of drawbar. The Problem with that is…. Unless a 3-pt hitch drawbar is equipped with a method to Prevent Hitch-Rise …which can bring the geometry above the axle…resulting in possible “back-flip” of the tractor.

A Fixed drawbar which is located Below the rear axle..and cannot ”rise”…. is safer.
The article describes all tractor drawbars. Scroll down to "Fixed Drawbar" and it details how it should be used. Note in post #6 a specific drawbar was mentioned and described. The pictures in the link show both. The picture on the left show the drawbar under the tractor which is what was referred to.

I try to post an answer to the OP and yet give information to anyone wanting similar information that is clear and easy to understand. I'm sure if you had read the entire list of post you'd know your comment wasn't needed.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The article describes all tractor drawbars. Scroll down to "Fixed Drawbar" and it details how it should be used. Note in post #6 a specific drawbar was mentioned and described. The pictures in the link show both. The picture on the left show the drawbar under the tractor which is what was referred to.

I try to post an answer to the OP and yet give information to anyone wanting similar information that is clear and easy to understand. I'm sure if you had read the entire list of post you'd know your comment wasn't needed.
I read the article. The 3-pt hitch mounted drawbar illustrated creates a possible misunderstanding I hoped to point out. I wasn’t criticizing your contribution. I was pointing out the likely-misunderstood issue of a 3-pt hitch-mounted drawbar which can rise and Flip a tractor backwards.