PTO driven 3-point circular saw attachment.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Reminds me of a former neighbor who used an old chevette to cut firewood. Put the rear end on jacks, took off one wheel and replaced it with a saw blade. Put a brick on the accelerator pedal. Yee haw!

Before the days of cell phone cameras so no pics to share!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
We cut up thousands of cords of wood to use and sell with one of those when I was younger. Before that it was a saw on the front of a Farmall H. Then we bought a firewood processor. The first machine has a hydraulic saw blade on it which sucked to keep it sharp enough to cut. We had multiple chains and took them off to sharpen in a vice but they were awkward to get to to change and time consuming. When we traded it for the second machine with replaceable carbide tipped blade, it was night and day difference over capacity of the saw machine. Those days are over for me as I no longer have the business, but given the choice, circular saw beets chainsaw style cutting hands down in capacity. The 3pt hitch saw works great if you have a buddy willing to help, but both people need to stay alert for safety.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes on that unit there is a circular saw blade, there are others that use a chainsaw blade, I'll have to look and see if I can find one.

Contact this place as they look like a US distributor.

I sent out emails last night to EasternFarmMachinary and Hayward Distributing Co. The former sent me some random photos with no explanation, and the latter told me that they only stock conveyors and the two versions of the Shark. I just sent a follow-up email to EFM since I now have a direct email address to respond to rather than the generic contact form.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@North Idaho Wolfman, Rob Snyder at Eastern Farm Machinery has been very responsive to my emails. He confirmed that the Samurai with PTO drive and hydraulic pump is regularly in stock and costs $3,480 plus $725 shipping to MT for a grand total of $4,205.

I don't know if one of these is in my future but it's certainly not in my immediate future. I would have a lot of use for such an implement, but can make do without for now.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
but given the choice, circular saw beets chainsaw style cutting hands down in capacity. The 3pt hitch saw works great if you have a buddy willing to help, but both people need to stay alert for safety.
I like the safety features built into Balfor models. Comparing the Samurai 700 to the Vermont 250 it's obvious to me which model I'd choose.

balfor_samurai700c.jpg

samurai 700c.jpg

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
That style you mention must be what my grandfather had. I remember it being separate from the tractor.
Is there a name for the brand that you used?
The one I bought was dearborn style, 3pt mounted and I probably could have kept it belt driven but this was prior to my kubota and I didn't want to have to take the belt drive off and on the pto thus making it shaft drive.

Bill
The old stake down style we had had no plate or name on it. There were a lot of makers of those old buzz saws. Some were local black smiths and some were national company's like dearborn and many more.