my Titan wood chipper! 42xs

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
several of you guys have been talking to me about it & i did get it delivered, put together & tried it out tonite for a bit.

YEEHAW!! new PTO powered toy!!

the 2601 handled this thing exactly as they said it would. never put the tractor in a bind or bogged it down & buzzed right along!

did 6 -55 gallon drums worth tonite & got them spread out... but didnt take any pix.

will try to do that tomorrow.

VERY impressed with how it handles this Ash so far!

things ive already learned:

1. it actually likes stuff from finger size up to wrist size! (in hard wood, supposed to do up to 6" in soft wood)

2. tiny stuff(twigs) have a tendency to just go right thru into the pile.

3. this unit is HEAVY. about 450lbs

4. its VERY loud! tractor running at rpm for the PTO speed to be 540 & thats hummin.. then this chipper is LOUD on top of that. Even for my def ass.... earpons are a must!

6-55 gallon drums was 3 huge brush piles & we have 4 more left from this round of wood cutting, then we start dropping more dead Ash tree's! :D

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
spent all day chipping today & we got all the piles we had finished...

12 more 55 gallon drums worth of chips put out on the trails.

woodchipper: very impressed with it. never even a hiccup.

me & wife: wore the heck out & shes already in bed.

pictures: yeah i suck at that part. can go get one of it on the pallet back in the garage.

had to wash the tractor it was covered in dust chips, was embarrassing to even look at it.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
I've got the Wallenstien version which is the same thing and I gotta say these are great chippers overall. That said it will clog quite easily with small hemlock branches and tops. The small twigs and green needles seem to just get caught up and pack right in the shoot. Everything else this chipper just eats right up and blows out faster than a dog with its head in the trash.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
good point! ive not had any "green" or leaves in it.. just brush/limbs.

here are a couple pix after its been parked back on its pallet.

Attachments

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Looking at the pictures it's quite similar to my Wallenstein bx52s, and yours doesn't have a chainsaw holder or bracket either, I think that's one option they should come with. Don't do what i did I forgot my saw in the bucket and on my way back I picked up a bucket of sand. I now have a chainsaw holder.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
oh... i already dumbassed it...

forgot how much taller that chute was & hit it on a tree limb... busted the piece inbetween the chute & adjuster.

sigh, argh... lesson learned. :eek:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
just an update on this ...

1st: yes i STILL hit the exit chute on every thing coming and going.
i wishe they had made this a flop over/fold down thing & im gonna look into putting it on a hinge for exactly that reason.

2nd: now that ive got more time on this & have learned how to feed it ... im turning out a 55gallon drum of chips in about 30 minutes of constant feeding.

3rd: as good as this was on the 2601, when i put it on the bigger tractor? holy crap it was much better. obviously still turning at the same speed, but now there is just zero in the slowdown & thats with putting 4" dia logs into it at this point. it just flat out eats them.

for those wondering: it takes a good size pile of sticks/stems/limbs to fill a 55 gallon drum with chips. my work pattern is do 2- 55gallon drums, turn off the chipper, load the drums on the bucket & go to my dump point.... empty, spread them out on the trail & then drive back to the pile & start again. i did 10 drums on saturday & my back had had enough for the day.

for those wondering what im doing with all these chips? we spread them on the trails you see me cutting on my trail thread & they make a pretty good walking base. eventually i'll either run out of broken/dead trees to cut up or my trials will be covered. ive got a mile of trails cut right now by 4' wide... so that could take a few years.

this little chipper is well worth the investment in it if you are going to do this type of bulk work.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Thanks for the review and update. I just ordered one from Betstco for my L2501. Of course I need to wait until the 2’ of snow on the ground melts and it dries up some, but I took advantage of their spring cleanup sale. $1227 with the optional stand, shipped free. That’s less than I’ve seen used ones for in CL.