Messicks TNT kit for L3301 ?'s

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Hey folks , I'm looking at a TnT kit from Messicks for my l3301 HST tractor . Has anyone here got one ? Is the travel of the supplied rams suitable for these tractors ?Looking at the pic it doesn't look like the hoses are very long ?
The kit does not come with the valve or the hoses to the valve . I know I will at least need 2 more hoses to supply the valve . I have a BH77 so is that where the hydraulics will come from the BH hoses that are looped to each other when the BH is not installed ? Is the power does not come from the BH hoses where will the power come from ? What valve would I want , I would like to have float at least on the top link , any advantage to having float in the lift arm ram ? I probably will want to have check valves on the rams . is it just one check valve pre ram or is it 2 per ram ? I think I will be looking for a good source for the valve , check valves & hoses , I know theres a couple vendors for these , any ones to particularly stay away from ? I'm sure I have more questions but that's all I have rite now .

I emailed LandPride twice in the last monty & never heard back from them . The dealer I talked to today will not sell a TnT kit by it self , they have to install it too . I asked how much of the $ @ 2900 I was quoted was labor & they wouldn't tell me .
thanks
animals45

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
Sounds like it's time for a different dealership to me.
Must be someone that will sell you the parts you are looking for.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just my thoughts, since I don’t have tnt and I’ve had the tractor since 2017, I’d go with fit right (spelling 🤔) and wait (I haven’t looked recently but it has sounded in the past like there is a rather long lead time, but sounds like it’s worth it 🤷‍♂️)

Dan here could probably walk you through a setup besides the kubota kit, which I think I’ve seen issues here with leaks.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey folks , I'm looking at a TnT kit from Messicks for my l3301 HST tractor . Has anyone here got one ? Is the travel of the supplied rams suitable for these tractors ?Looking at the pic it doesn't look like the hoses are very long ?
The kit does not come with the valve or the hoses to the valve . I know I will at least need 2 more hoses to supply the valve . I have a BH77 so is that where the hydraulics will come from the BH hoses that are looped to each other when the BH is not installed ? Is the power does not come from the BH hoses where will the power come from ? What valve would I want , I would like to have float at least on the top link , any advantage to having float in the lift arm ram ? I probably will want to have check valves on the rams . is it just one check valve pre ram or is it 2 per ram ? I think I will be looking for a good source for the valve , check valves & hoses , I know theres a couple vendors for these , any ones to particularly stay away from ? I'm sure I have more questions but that's all I have rite now .

I emailed LandPride twice in the last monty & never heard back from them . The dealer I talked to today will not sell a TnT kit by it self , they have to install it too . I asked how much of the $ @ 2900 I was quoted was labor & they wouldn't tell me .
thanks
animals45
The bsckhoe plays no role in this.

You will need two rear remote valves with outlets to operate the TNT cylinders. An OEM valve kit mounts under the operators seat and will run you just under $2k. You can roll your own for less than $1k.

Float and check valves are mutually exclusive.

Then you need the TNT kit. Installing that is nothing more than replacing the top link, right side link, and plugging the hoses into the rear outlets. Dealer labor should be damn near zero. You want the hoses as short as possible.

Dan

Last edited:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
OP..since you are up by me…within about an hour…I have an idea for you…way cheaper than that kit…
I have a little used set that I will make you a deal on. I plumbed my tractor for a TnT for a box blade I used once. Sold the box to a buddy and have the rams and hoses sitting on a shelf. Was on my L2800 and worked great….bought a backhoe and just leave that on full time…the ram are essentially new.
IMG_3499.jpeg
IMG_3498.jpeg
IMG_3497.jpeg
IMG_3496.jpeg
IMG_3495.jpeg
IMG_3494.jpeg
IMG_3493.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user