M6060 Engine Removal

Hypo289

Equipment
M6060
Apr 26, 2024
Missouri
Hello I have a m6060 in the shop that has a cab and loader and the engine has to come out. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if there’s an easier way than what I’m seeing. I have the head and oil pan off already. Any input is appreciated thanks.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hello I have a m6060 in the shop that has a cab and loader and the engine has to come out. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if there’s an easier way than what I’m seeing. I have the head and oil pan off already. Any input is appreciated thanks.
I have an M6060 so obviously am curious as to the hours, condition and reason to pull the engine. As far as I can tell from the WSM, the order of operations looks like this.

1. Remove hood
2. Remove exhaust and DPF system
3. Drain oil and coolant and remove hoses
4. Disconnect propeller shaft and power steering hose
5. Separate engine from clutch housing
6. Separate engine from front axle frame

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you mean hard because you have to separate the whole front end from the engine, get that out of the way then separate the engine from the clutch housing then you'll be able to pull the engine out.

Well there is a much easier way, just trade it for a working model. 🤪

In other words, Nope, no easier way to do it. ;)

Hypo289

Equipment
M6060
Apr 26, 2024
Missouri
T
Do you mean hard because you have to separate the whole front end from the engine, get that out of the way then separate the engine from the clutch housing then you'll be able to pull the engine out.

Well there is a much easier way, just trade it for a working model. 🤪

In other words, Nope, no easier way to do it. ;)
Thank you guys
It is a 4x4 I’m hoping the seal around that propeller shaft holds the trans oil in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
T

Thank you guys
It is a 4x4 I’m hoping the seal around that propeller shaft holds the trans oil in.
The seal is behind the propeller shaft coupling, so yes you can pull the propeller shaft without dumping fluid.

Hypo289

Equipment
M6060
Apr 26, 2024
Missouri
T

Thank you guys
It is also a 4x4 I’m hoping the seal around that propeller shaft holds the trans oil in. I was ho
I have an M6060 so obviously am curious as to the hours, condition and reason to pull the engine. As far as I can tell from the WSM, the order of operations looks like this.

1. Remove hood
2. Remove exhaust and DPF system
3. Drain oil and coolant and remove hoses
4. Disconnect propeller shaft and power steering hose
5. Separate engine from clutch housing
6. Separate engine from front axle frame
it ingested water not the machines fault at all.

Reactions: 1 user