LT720 loader questions

misterb

Equipment
L 35 TLB
Mar 22, 2010
Powassan, Ontario
I am starting to use my, new to me, L35. I don't have a lot of experience with tractors so am learning as I go. I have the operators manual for the tractor but it does not include the loader.

1. Is there a float position? If so, how is it selected?

2. There is a little lock plate that can flip over to lock the control lever. What does this do? When would it be used?

Thanks in advance. Hope there comes a time that I can offfer something to this forum which hads been so helful to me.

Best regards to my gentle collegues in orange.

db

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Does your loader have the joy stick? If it happens to be the joy stick type, push the lever forward through the lower selection. FEL down and joy stick pushed forward. You will feel it transition and notice the hydraulic pressure being relieved as the FEL will relax.

The little lever you mentioned is generally to keep the controls from moving when you don't want them to. If you want the FEL to stay in one position and make sure nobody (or dog) bumps the contro lever then slide the lock gate in. It does nothing but keep the controls from moving and the loader can still settle with pressure loss.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Wait brain fart! I was thinking of the lock plate on heavy equipment like a full size backhoe or bulldozer! WHOOPS

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I thought the L35 had the same thing, Its a cover plate that kinda goes over the console to lock out the key hole and the gages.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I thought the L35 had the same thing, Its a cover plate that kinda goes over the console to lock out the key hole and the gages.
I don't know, never seen one :confused:

Besides, what you do with your key hole is your own business :D

misterb

Equipment
L 35 TLB
Mar 22, 2010
Powassan, Ontario
Thanks guys!
It is a single lever control, not what I would have called a joystick. I will try the float as Traildust describes it today and see how it works.
I have the 4 way bucket and the float option should be handy for final leveling.
Best regards to my gentle coleagues in orange.
db