location of 3rd function controller?

crawfords82

Equipment
l3560lehst
Mar 17, 2024
mid michigan
Hi all
We just purchased the kubota tractor, and had several factory options added by dealer, one of which was the 3rd ports on front of loader.
when unit was delivered with options, the addition of the controller location stuck out like a accident waiting to happen.
then to add salt to this,, kubota utilized a sheet metal protective cover, with sticker warning NO STEP...
first does anyone know why kubota determined the best location to mount a valve asmbly underneath and lowering the clearance by several inches?
second, the bracket on this, is very thick metal, and put a sheetmetal cover, that cant handle a person stepping on it,,, in guessing a stick is ehough to cause dammage.

I utilized the original cover, and extended it to mate to front bracket, utilizing 1/4" steel, then added 5/16" 3x2 angle for bottom.. you can use it to step on, might even use to lift it up,,LOL

dealership had nothing for cover options, no different kit, and no other location...
FYI,, I also had to reroute the hyd hoses to controller, since they were hanging down,, asking for something to catch on..

even the wife seen this, and said,, "that looks like accident ready"... is there no sticks and brush in japan??

Attachments

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Bummer that’s how Big K is outfitting the L60 series. Take a look at the FEL line disconnects sticking further than anything else on the right side. Waiting to be slid into a tree or post and ripped of to the stock location of the 3rd function valving, it could not be worse if they had planned it.

As to sloppy routing of the hydro hoses, I’d expect no less. It’s why I mounted mine myself. It looks stock and professional. my GL is a 30 series, so not sure if one could be mounted on a 60 series the same way as I did mine. But I have no doubt a person could get a Summit kit and make it look stock, Professional, and mounted in a manner that doesn’t expose it unnecessarily.

Enjoy the new machine and clearly you are capable of custom modification. Try to keep those to the planned mods.

PS, there’s a recent thread on here about tearing the 3rd function hoses off the back side of the valve. Evidently there is a custom skid plate available (private firm, New Foundland??) to help avoid that failure. Here’s the link
Damaged 3rd Function Lines

Last edited:

crawfords82

Equipment
l3560lehst
Mar 17, 2024
mid michigan
Bummer that’s how Big K is outfitting the L60 series. Take a look at the FEL line disconnects sticking further than anything else on the right side. Waiting to be slid into a tree or post and ripped of to the stock location of the 3rd function valving, it could not be worse if they had planned it.

As to sloppy routing of the hydro hoses, I’d expect no less. It’s why I mounted mine myself. It looks stock and professional. my GL is a 30 series, so not sure if one could be mounted on a 60 series the same way as I did mine. But I have no doubt a person could get a Summit kit and make it look stock, Professional, and mounted in a manner that doesn’t expose it unnecessarily.

Enjoy the new machine and clearly you are capable of custom modification. Try to keep those to the planned mods.

PS, there’s a recent thread on here about tearing the 3rd function hoses off the back side of the valve. Evidently there is a custom skid plate available (private firm, New Foundland??) to help avoid that failure. Here’s the link
Damaged 3rd Function Lines
thanks, my setup looks like they made some changes to improve, but was basiclay the same setup,,
I installed 45 fittings on hard line, to aim hoses up into chasis and to back..
seems like kubota could find a better location to mount it.
also, read others with issues on how they mounted the loader disconnect coupler asmbly,, then added the 3rd set of couplers out even farther.. I modified this also, so the 3 sets are all in line, then installed a 2.5 in spacer and moved bracket inward as can.

kubota,, let the mods begin,, lol

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
thanks, my setup looks like they made some changes to improve, but was basiclay the same setup,,
I installed 45 fittings on hard line, to aim hoses up into chasis and to back..
seems like kubota could find a better location to mount it.
also, read others with issues on how they mounted the loader disconnect coupler asmbly,, then added the 3rd set of couplers out even farther.. I modified this also, so the 3 sets are all in line, then installed a 2.5 in spacer and moved bracket inward as can.

kubota,, let the mods begin,, lol
Right. Too bad you have to modify due to design defects right out of the gate with a very costly machine. Funny thing, if you look on the inside of the vertical loader arm on the right side, there are several threaded holes, which is where the disconnect bracket was mounted prior to the 60 series, including my 30 series. Sure, it’d take more finesse to fit the hydro lines in that area, but they did it for several models prior.

I’m biased, but here’s a clean 3rd function valve install and hydro line routing. It’s a LandPride kit that I modified to fit nicely. If I bust that off, I’ve probably got bigger concerns.

IMG_3600.jpeg

Last edited: