Loader/quicktach earth auger...how much flow?

David N

Equipment
M7060
Jan 6, 2024
MN
So is there enough GPM through the 3rd function on my M7060 to run an auger? How much flow does the 3rd function have? There's some vids out there of post hole augers on loaders.........just wondering if any of you folks have tried it?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, td says 11-16GPM , depends on tranny..... so compare that to the spec of whatever auger you're looking at.
be SURE to look at PSI ( pressure ) as well !!!

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Your third function should have the same flow as the rest of your tractor.
I would suggest a third function vs a diverter valve. More flexible.

I don't know the specs for your M, but it definitely has enough to run one.
I have the Land Pride SA10 on my BX. I believe it needs 4 - 8 GPM, my BX supposedly does 6 GPM.
I was told by the salesman the SA10 was designed for at least up to the LX models.
The larger Land Pride SA20 needs 10 - 30 GPM, which may be more in line with what you have.
If you can, go with the larger one. More power and options available.

At least for the SA10 you can either mount it on it's own quick attach frame or use the LP pallet fork frame.
Not sure if that also applies to the SA20. Saves a few dollars if you can.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
That rating is most assuredly for both pumps combined. For the implement hyd. section I would guess somewhere over half of the total gpm rating. You would have to check on the requirements for the auger you are planning on buying and the specifications that Kubota publishes.
Some are designed for lower flow but many that are on the market are designed for SSL's which will generally require more flow. The only issue you may have is that the auger turns slower than desired.