Loaded package deal price check for L2501...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
In general I would ask for a bill of sale from the seller for something like that. Not out of line to ask if seller is original owner…if so I’d think they very well may have the original bill of sale as well as manuals even service records…I would think some keep those documents / manuals….at least I do. Its a data point if they didn’t.
Though a total lie,...... I would assume that a scammer would be only too happy to provide a bill of sale, and a verbal, or written statement that he/she was the original owner.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This tells me that he will use your money to pay off the debt so you will have a clear title to the unit.
" $22.000 cash or money transfer in person at my bank!" If it were me buying this, I would ask how much is owed and to whom, and have a separate check made out to that person to pay off the loan and give him a check for the balance. Checks would be "bank checks" so both the lein holder and the seller know that the money is secured.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Easy test to confirm/deny it's legit.
Have seller send picture of tractor ID tag with serial number and loader numbers.
Now contact Kubota and have them locate original bill of sale.
When I bought my BX23S serial numbers for tractor,loader,BH were recorded on bill of sale, so that information IS in Kubotas komputers.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This tells me that he will use your money to pay off the debt so you will have a clear title to the unit.
" $22.000 cash or money transfer in person at my bank!" If it were me buying this, I would ask how much is owed and to whom, and have a separate check made out to that person to pay off the loan and give him a check for the balance. Checks would be "bank checks" so both the lein holder and the seller know that the money is secured.
"a clear title"?
What...."title" ???
We both know, that here ain't no fukin title to a tractor, in the USA.
Only proof of ownership, might really be a notarized bill of sale, and even that is a somewhat sketchy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Tzerne5

Equipment
L4802 HST, BH92
Jan 26, 2024
Wisconsin
Though a total lie,...... I would assume that a scammer would be only too happy to provide a bill of sale, and a verbal, or written statement that he/she was the original owner.
wouldn't be hard to verify a bill of sale with a simple phone call to the dealer listed

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
wouldn't be hard to verify a bill of sale with a simple phone call to the dealer listed
"dealer listed" ??

Assuming that the owner/seller also had bought from a private party (was the second owner), how would the buyer necessarily obtain that information?

Tzerne5

Equipment
L4802 HST, BH92
Jan 26, 2024
Wisconsin
"dealer listed" ??

Assuming that the owner/seller also had bought from a private party (was the second owner), how would the buyer necessarily obtain that information?
Your correct that a bill of sale from a private party would be essentially worthless. I was going off the fact the tractor had 120ish hours on it, so likely original owner. If it is already on the 2nd owner with that low of hours something is fishy, at least in my opinion

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Your correct that a bill of sale from a private party would be essentially worthless. I was going off the fact the tractor had 120ish hours on it, so likely original owner. If it is already on the 2nd owner with that low of hours something is fishy, at least in my opinion
You think "fishy" with low hours?
I think NOT!
MANY buy a FIRST tractor that is too small, and quickly realize it!
They violate the first premise of tractoring.
"BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR"

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
You think "fishy" with low hours?
I think NOT!
MANY buy a FIRST tractor that is too small, and quickly realize it!
They violate the first premise of tractoring.
"BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR"
He meant if it had had two owners already at 120 hours. That would be a little fishy. One owner selling low hours, less so.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I just write the check to the lein holder for the total sales price. Then, the lein holder and seller can work it out. That way, you know the lein is clear and you have the title/ MCO/ etc.

Tzerne5

Equipment
L4802 HST, BH92
Jan 26, 2024
Wisconsin
He meant if it had had two owners already at 120 hours. That would be a little fishy. One owner selling low hours, less so.
Yep. My thoughts exactly. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I would be wondering what was wrong with it that each owner ditched it so quick. Much to do about nothing though since we don't even know if this is the case with the one Fiftyeight is looking at