Let's talk B7100 hydraulic lift controls

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
So my project B7100 was used to run a trencher and dozer blade in a previous life. As such, the rear lift system was "deconstructed" and the parts were probably turned into shipping containers. It's a sad state of affairs.

B7100LiftPorts.jpg

The control valve for the rear lift cylinder has been permanently modified to be inoperable, so I'm wondering if I can make a cheap Amazon/eBay/alibaba single action spool valve work in lieu of the original valves which are ridiculously expensive..

From the literature, the original control valve (PN 66711-36206) did basically the same job as any open center single spool valve would do, just precisely for a B7100/6100 etc. There's a relief to transmission sump as well as a return port (effectively the same hole) for when the valve is in neutral. I would think something like this guy on Surplus Center should do the trick.

Naturally, I'd have to make my own adaptor "plate" with two hydraulic fittings to match to the tractor...but it should be plausible, right?
B7100CVPorts.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So my project B7100 was used to run a trencher and dozer blade in a previous life. As such, the rear lift system was "deconstructed" and the parts were probably turned into shipping containers. It's a sad state of affairs.

View attachment 123363

The control valve for the rear lift cylinder has been permanently modified to be inoperable, so I'm wondering if I can make a cheap Amazon/eBay/alibaba single action spool valve work in lieu of the original valves which are ridiculously expensive..

From the literature, the original control valve (PN 66711-36206) did basically the same job as any open center single spool valve would do, just precisely for a B7100/6100 etc. There's a relief to transmission sump as well as a return port (effectively the same hole) for when the valve is in neutral. I would think something like this guy on Surplus Center should do the trick.

Naturally, I'd have to make my own adaptor "plate" with two hydraulic fittings to match to the tractor...but it should be plausible, right?
View attachment 123362
If the labels are accurate it looks trivial. A piece of aluminum, drill three bolt holes and drill and tap two hydraulic ports. I dont know enough about the original valve to say for sure but I suspect there will be some (small??) differences in operation but certainly usable.

Fan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Or Contact @007kubotaguy or @Mountainman and see what kind of deal they will make on it for you.

And it's going to be a little more complicated that your thinking because I'm not even seeing a hydraulic input line?
Where is it at or where is it going now?

Reactions: 1 users

Mountainman

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400

View attachment 123363

View attachment 123362
Good evening. I have several b6100/7100 parts tractors. Send me a message if I can help.you in any way. Thank you

Reactions: 1 users

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
And it's going to be a little more complicated that your thinking because I'm not even seeing a hydraulic input line?
Where is it at or where is it going now?
The original valve handles the input, control, and relief functions the same as this replacement unit.

The original hydraulic supply from the pump is mangled - it was hacked apart to supply fluid to the now removed creeper transmission and trencher.

My plan would be to transition to a new supply line and go all JIC fittings downstream of the pump.

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
Good evening. I have several b6100/7100 parts tractors. Send me a message if I can help.you in any way. Thank you
I've seen what is "market" for the B7100/6100 lift control valve, housing, and all. PM me a quote on the whole lift job (arms, housing, cylinder, and valve) and I'll see if my budget can bear it.

Edit: Thanks @Mountainman - very fair for what I'd need.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The original valve handles the input, control, and relief functions the same as this replacement unit.

The original hydraulic supply from the pump is mangled - it was hacked apart to supply fluid to the now removed creeper transmission and trencher.

My plan would be to transition to a new supply line and go all JIC fittings downstream of the pump.
Very doable and minimal expense. There will be no position control. The biggest hurdle is the adapter block for the 3pt connection.

Dan