L3650DT-GST Ignition Switch

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I believe before shopping for a replacement at that price I'd be sure mine had actually failed. Has it failed completely or only one part of it? It's possible a relay or solenoid controlled by the switch is your culprit.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Why do you think yours has failed?

Dave
Switch turns beyond the start contact area. I actually have to turn the key back a bit to get the power to the solenoid. Area that makes contact seems to be getting smaller.... no doubt on this one. At $80.00, there may be a big truck pushbutton in it's future..... besides, I have 2 of those on my shelf. There's already a hole in the dash from something the previous owner had in there.

Last edited:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I had a Mitsubishi D2350. The glow plug part of the ignition switch went bad. I made the error of replacing the whole switch. I just got a generic ignition switch from NAPA instead of spending the $80 for a direct replacement. I then got a spring loaded normally off toggle switch to activate the glow plugs. Problem solved for about $10. It lived happily ever after - still working.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I had a Mitsubishi D2350. The glow plug part of the ignition switch went bad. I made the error of replacing the whole switch. I just got a generic ignition switch from NAPA instead of spending the $80 for a direct replacement. I then got a spring loaded normally off toggle switch to activate the glow plugs. Problem solved for about $10. It lived happily ever after - still working.
The only problem with the toggle switch solution is for owners who do not realize the GP's need to be powered during cranking and further, on many older machines, the GP indicator is bypassed during cranking but power flows through the indicator during pre-heat.

Clearly it has been a solution for you but others need to be aware of some of the features provided by the key switch should they decide to control the GP's in a different fashion.

Dave