Kubota L3302hst and need a quick attach dual hay spear

MYl3302

Equipment
Kubota L3302hst
Apr 23, 2024
Pennsylvania
Just got the Kubota L3302hst about two weeks ago. We sold one of our big tractors so my husband and i could buy something smaller that is hydrostatic that I can exclusively use for moving large square 1st cutting bales for my 2 horses. One bale lasts about 10 days. I need to move that bale from the large storage barn over to the horse barn and then once a year during hay making season it will now be the helper 2nd tractor to bring the bales in from the field. That's pretty much the extend until I save up for a finish mower (we have a Brush Hog Rotary Cutter on one of the bigger tractors for the pastures).

Tractor has the beet juice loaded R14 tires. One bale is 3 x 3 x 4.5 and weights about 400 lb. So I'm shopping for a double prong bale spear, probably 39" prongs.

I know the bucket is one of those quick attach type mounts. Is that pretty much interchangeable with what I see called Quick Attach Skid Steer type? Anyone have a recommendation on a decently made and moderately priced brand of hay bale spears?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just got the Kubota L3302hst about two weeks ago. We sold one of our big tractors so my husband and i could buy something smaller that is hydrostatic that I can exclusively use for moving large square 1st cutting bales for my 2 horses. One bale lasts about 10 days. I need to move that bale from the large storage barn over to the horse barn and then once a year during hay making season it will now be the helper 2nd tractor to bring the bales in from the field. That's pretty much the extend until I save up for a finish mower (we have a Brush Hog Rotary Cutter on one of the bigger tractors for the pastures).

Tractor has the beet juice loaded R14 tires. One bale is 3 x 3 x 4.5 and weights about 400 lb. So I'm shopping for a double prong bale spear, probably 39" prongs.

I know the bucket is one of those quick attach type mounts. Is that pretty much interchangeable with what I see called Quick Attach Skid Steer type? Anyone have a recommendation on a decently made and moderately priced brand of hay bale spears?
I would go for sometging a bit more versatile. I have one of these with forks on a L3901. Also accepts bale spears and hitch balls. Handy as a shirt pocket.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If your goal is to move two bales at a time you will need at least one small spear on each side of the long spear to keep the first bale from rotating out of place while going to pick up the second bale.