Kubota BX1500 PTO Issue

jimz49

Equipment
BX2200
Mar 30, 2010
PA
Having a problem with the mid pto that drives the mower deck. When first starting the tractor to mow the grass the mid pto engages just fine. I can engage and disengage the pto without issue. However, after the pto has been engaged for the time it takes to mow my yard (roughly and hour) the pto won't disengage. I can pull the lever ( the one I used to engage the pto) back and the deck continues to run. If I shut the tractor off and move the pto selector lever ( the one that selects which pto will run) to the rear pto, I found that will disengage the mid pto. I can then restart the tractor without having the deck running.

It doesn't seem to be an adjustment or faulty lever mechanism because everything works as it should when the tractor is cold. It only becomes a problem after running the tractor and deck for awhile.

Although I bought the tractor used it's been running just fine. This mid pto issue is a recent problem.

Don't know if this is worth mentioning but I'm running super udt2 in the hydro system.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
this is worth mentioning but I'm running super udt2 in the hydro system.
was the first question I was to ask!

hopefully someone chime in with some help