Kubota B1402 wheel weights allowance

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
traktor.jpg
Hi, here is the photo of my tractor. As you can see I improvised with the front weights since I couldn`t find originals. I added some metal plates and a concrete block. The total weight of front weights is 68 kg now ( cca 150 lbs). I plan to order wheel weights to be crafted and remove existing front weights. I calculated that equivalent on the front wheels ( given the shorted distance to rear axle) should be around 90 kg (cca 200 lbs), meaning each wheel would get half of that (45 kg).
I am also thinking of putting two extra weights of the same weight on the back wheels for better traction. In total that would be around 180 kg (400 lbs) of weights for entire tractor. I know wheel weights are easier on the tractor because wheels carry them, not the tractor itself, but still the motor has to push all that extra weight. For comparison the tractor without the weights is 500 kg (1100 lbs). My question is, are these weights I am planning to put on the wheels overkill or this tractor can carry them no problem. The tractor is 14 HP. Thanks in advance. Rosohatica

Last edited: