Irritating trait of this forum...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Usually, when I have time to grab a quick look at the forum, I'm in a hurry.
When I attempt to click on a forum title, the screen jumps, because of an ad that is loading, so I end up clicking on something else. After incorrectly clicking on something I did not want, I attempt to click out of that, and get to want I wanted in the first place- but the screen jumps again, and you guessed it, I click on the wrong thing because of the screen jumping to load the ads.
This "screen jump" happens 3 times with every window I open, because there are 3 ads on every page; top, bottom, and right side.
When I bought my lifetime membership, I thought I was supposed to get less ads. Does that mean non-lifetime members get more than 3 ads per page? o_O How many do they get?

Yes, I know I could just wait for all the ads to load on every page before doing anything, but this is the only forum I'm on that does this.

Yeah, I know to some this sounds like sniveling, but one of my few "escapes" these days is checking the forum, so this supremely irritating.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
what browser are you using? I use Chrome with ad block plus installed as a plug in. No ads ever!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Usually, when I have time to grab a quick look at the forum, I'm in a hurry.
When I attempt to click on a forum title, the screen jumps, because of an ad that is loading, so I end up clicking on something else. After incorrectly clicking on something I did not want, I attempt to click out of that, and get to want I wanted in the first place- but the screen jumps again, and you guessed it, I click on the wrong thing because of the screen jumping to load the ads.
This "screen jump" happens 3 times with every window I open, because there are 3 ads on every page; top, bottom, and right side.
When I bought my lifetime membership, I thought I was supposed to get less ads. Does that mean non-lifetime members get more than 3 ads per page? o_O How many do they get?

Yes, I know I could just wait for all the ads to load on every page before doing anything, but this is the only forum I'm on that does this.

Yeah, I know to some this sounds like sniveling, but one of my few "escapes" these days is checking the forum, so this supremely irritating.
I know exactly what you mean.. it’s like their watching 🥺 right when you’re ready to touch your screen or hit the enter key they pounce! I get ads here but not the too annoying ones you speak of. Good luck!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I know exactly what you mean.. it’s like their watching 🥺 right when you’re ready to touch your screen or hit the enter key they pounce! I get ads here but not the too annoying ones you speak of. Good luck!
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this!

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Annoying as hell...it would be great to fix it.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Annoying as hell...it would be great to fix it.
I am not computer literate like some, but it is a fact of life that adds make free sites like OTT possible. So it is a balance between convenience and supporting the site by enduring the adds I think.

I kind of like the adds showing attractive women...but can relate to the jumping around that I see on various sites. Not sure if on this one, but it is annoying. But it would not/does not bother me here, as this site is invaluable in my opinion.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
No such problem here with my Apple computer. In general the "connected" life I have found is much, much easier when using Apple products.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Ditto from my iPad. For once being old and slow helps me out on this site.

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Windows try Disenter, it’s great!

iOS, Add Block Plus
Disenter also works on MacOS and Linux.

BTW, Gab is a great site. Watched his video on why he started it. I like his values too. Disenter minimizes tracking and he’s working on a smartphone. He’s consumer driven not business driven.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I am not computer literate like some, but it is a fact of life that adds make free sites like OTT possible. So it is a balance between convenience and supporting the site by enduring the adds I think.

I kind of like the adds showing attractive women...but can relate to the jumping around that I see on various sites. Not sure if on this one, but it is annoying. But it would not/does not bother me here, as this site is invaluable in my opinion.
I agree...but one of the benefits of being a contributor is less ads...that benefit seems to have been changed/eliminated as part of the site update...

great site and very helpful...but the formatting and ad delivery/quantity is something I was glad to contribute money to the site to avoid.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Take a deep breath Bill! You don’t have to hurry like that anymore 🥵
I wish. Most of my time is spoken for for other duties.
About the only deep breath I get is to let out a sad sigh.😢;)